Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
During our recent vacation down in South Carolina I had the pleasure of fishing with a couple friends. Thanks Martin and Wayne for the good fishing and fun times!
Our trip went down like this. I fished Sunday at Lake Murray with my buddy Martin. We fished from 7:30am till around 8:30pm that night! It was a long day and we caught a total of 6 or 7 bass. The biggest went to Martin in a picture below. This lake was big, 55000 acres or so big. At lunch we decided to look for a marina and get some food, around 45 minutes later we found a small marina in siesta cove with hot dogs, laugh.
Here I am at Lake Murray, this was our first fish of the morning and fell to a Luckycraft Pointer. This was my first South Carolina Striped bass.

Here was our second catch of the day, Martin saw a fish bust some shad on the weeds behind him and casted a Sammy and landed this beautiful 4 1/2 - 5lb bass.

Monday we went to Allendale area of Savannah River and had a tough day for most of the day, catching a couple bass and then finally we found one lake off the main river that had a 150yd stretch of bank loaded with fish. We caught around 8-10 bass in this single area pretty quickly. Martin was the lucky one again today with 2 bass caught on a jig that weighed aroudn 4-5lbs each. It was a pretty day on the river and temps were hovering around the 80's.

The next 3 pictures are some pretty scenery in one of the creeks. I did see a few alligators!

I had to take a picture of this tree! It's still alive and with the water being down it left a pretty view of a process that had occurred probably over 50-100 years! Wow can those fish hide under that tree when the water is up! Also a good gator home ;)

Here is Martin with a brute that was caught just about 50-70 feet down stream from another one the same size. Martin was having a rough day but that brightened him up a bit! Talk about structure, we had plenty of it to throw at!

Here I am with a a couple keepers out of the same area! I need to give Martin some photography lessons! ;)

On Wednesday I went fishing with another buddy of mine from South Carolina, thanks Wayne for the great trip on the Combahee River! This was my best trip on that river to date, I've been there probably 4 times now in the past couple years. The Combahee River is a tidal river located around Yemasee, South Carolina. The tides weren't optimal for us but we did manage to get to the water around 7:00 am and catch about 1hr of the outgoing tide and a full 2+ hrs of the incoming tide. This river fluctuated probably 2-3 feet during that time. Once the tide got high the fishing slowed WAY down and we decided to call it a day and have some lunch. We caught around 12-15 bass in about 4 1/2 hrs total. Almost all of my fish came on a buzzbait, including this 6lb'er below!!

·
Registered
6,933 Posts
nice job bill. Looks like a great time. the senery in the river looks cool too.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts