sorry I've been kinda shoving the "hush hush on river spots" on everyone lately

Discussion in 'Central Ohio Fishing Reports' started by pizza, Jul 25, 2008.

1. pizza

pizza

First let me say that I do strongly believe that keeping specific river locations (especially after nice fish have been caught) on the low down is very important.

But I also equally believe that I am not here to tell anyone what to do/what they can and can not say on here.

So I do apologize if I have offended anyone. The rivers are a special place for me and I like the solitude they offer. Hope you understand.

But yeah, a simple "Scioto River" or "XXXX Creek" or even "local flow" I think should suffice. General info on technique, lures, presentation, type of area where caught, etc,etc can be applied from any flow to any other flow.

But by all means I am not here to tell you what you can and can't say.

So sorry about that and peace.

2. i agree with you. there are lots of ways to inform us about what we are cathcing, and the ways we are doing it. the best way to locate a good site is to p.m. the guy who wrote article - see if you can't hook up and go fishing.

also rember that there are a lot of people who view this site who aren't even members.

3. i usually just give a good 5 mile or so generally area to where i fish if people ask. I think that's fair, and it's fun to discover some things on your own. Yet save time, just by pointing people in the right direction.

I know I've spent hours fishing area's, trying to discover new holes. The pointers I've got on here have really paid off, and saved a lot of time.

4. shroomhunter

shroomhunter USMC 1979-1983

Don't feel bad...I don't give specific locations publicly and never will. I read your posts and others on river fishing and figure if I wanted to do some wading I could figure it out on my own. Fishing really isn't that tough but you'll never catch a thing sitting on the computer waiting on someone to give out specific stretches of a stream or points on a lake to fish. Most folks that get mad because you wont post an exact location probably wouldn't go anyways. Enjoy your solitude, I enjoy mine....maybe we'll cross paths on a streambed sometime, 'till then...tight lines!!

5. Two weeks ago I got a nasty PM from a member on here. He wanted to get into some smallmouth fishing on the scioto. So I gave him SPECIFIC stretches that I've pull smallies out of the scioto on a regular basis. Down to the park to start, to the sections of roads to look for on google maps. He went down and got SKUNKED, then accused me of setting him up to fail by giving BOGUS spots.

Sometimes, even you put a horses mouth directly in water, but it still won't drink....
    I just hope that MEMBER saw all the SCIOTO WADE REPORTS. Same spots buddy!!!! guess you were just doing something wrong!!! :p

6. I know that stretch of river well and fish it all the time. 90% of the time I do well there but there are times I have caught nothing also. For me being able to have some time to myself and take in the outdoors evens out not catching some fish that I will toss back anyways.

7. pizza

pizza

where are those :B pics BLS:confused: ?

8. pizza

pizza

your pics - always great for a chuckle.

Welcome to the official summer low levels. Good luck with those lunkers.:)

9. i'm not out there to catch inches. I've landed a few, well one, saugeye over 16 this year. lol

I'm just glad if I catch any fish, be it a couple 6 inch smallies, or a couple 4 inch rock bass. lol.

btw. this time of year in the rivers/creeks is easy saugeye fishing. Just find any deeper hole, and catch some eyes. If it doesn't rain that much, next weekend will be perfect. Low flows everywhere = saugeyes stacked in deep pools.

10. pizza

pizza

low flows = dinks.

Good luck, you help keep this place "fun".

Where's our other buddy?:)

//realize I'm one of the hooligans on here:)

11. Hey, if people are laughing at me, or with me, it doesn't matter, they're laughing. I never take myself serious.

Speaking of LOW FLOWS = Dinks. I thought that myself, till Colubmusslim and Seethe fished an area I considered too low for good fishing. They pulled a few decent Smallmouths from that spot. Sometimes, low flows just mean a lot of smaller fish. But the hogs are still in there. You just have to weed out the dinks!:B

btw mods, can we get a SMALLFISH logo too. I could use it a lot. Just like the :B , but replace it with SMALL.

12. pizza

pizza

I do like the tude dude. Its all about having fun!

But my dad can still beat up your dad!

13. That's the truth!! my dads a fat overweight 50 year old who smokes two packs a day and sells used cars -- seriously.

He would have the gas tank of a go-cart.

14. hahahaha, thats hilarious, benny u sure do seem to stir the pot sometimes but it def seems like you have a good sense of humor and dont let the "sometimes" critical remarks get to you too much. thats pretty good

15. it's the interwebs. And to tell you the truth, sometimes the remarks do get to me. THus is why I cry myself to sleep everynight crying; "why god why???"

16. pizza

pizza

where's the smallfish logo when you need it?

I caught one smallie in particuar yesterday that was close to my personal smallest. I saved it the suffering.

You might outcompete me in a smallfish contest benny.

Attached Files:

17. quadfisher

quadfisher disabled fishing nut!

what a cute little catfish! what kind is it? channel?

18. pizza

pizza

it is a channel. they lose their spots when they get bigger. good to hear from you quadfisher.