Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I had to make sure it wasn't my local fishing that was the problem so I went to Minnesota's Boundary Waters to capture this 32" pike.

The bait was a Northland Reed-Runner tandem spinner in bluegill color. Also caught a lot of other smaller pike on Booyah buzzbaits at sunrise/sunset (love those explosions!)

I'll be trying these lures more often locally now.

Attachments

·
Flatulent Entreprenuer
2,601 Posts
Very nice. They have those in Wellington upground. Have seen quite a few caught and hooked a few myself over the last few years.

·
Registered
526 Posts
that pikes colors look awesome! great fish!

·
don m
1,014 Posts
Two weeks back we were at WB in a bass tourni and caught a 48in muskie and 5 pike in the 24in to 36in range. I think those big pigs are eating all the bass. No bass of any size in that lake anymore. If I could figuire out how to post pics from the holding area I could show off what we caught. Great fun anyway.
later ya'll
donm

·
don m
1,014 Posts
Jackfish, was useing a custom skirted dual gold willow blade spinner with a chartreuse trailer on a trailer hook. The skirt looks kinda like a sexy shad, but, some extras in it. Oh and of course Mega Strike just for luck. Sure wish I could figuire out how to get these pics out of the photo bucket on to the thread.
later
donm

1 - 10 of 10 Posts