Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Fish against the fish...
1,110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
let me just say that I know some of you are not cat people, I get it, I know you're there, coffee/tea, tomato/tomato we all have a favorite. I have had enough of cruel people and would prefer if there are any haters... please refrain here.

We lost one of our cats Saturday. He was an awesome spunky character. He was a birthday gift and a hemingway cat - he had thumbs, He got out and we haven't seen or heard him. Made all of the necessary calls to try to find him and we posted posters and flyers so in case anyone would find him... we'd have a chance of getting him back. We have made every effort... maybe he will, but it doesn't look good.

So, all day today I received calls from crackheads asking me how much the reward was. Telling me they had him and I could come and get him. Gave me two fake addresses.

I really hate my neighborhood right now... people kicking you when you're down. Unbelievable.

·
Mike
87 Posts
Hope you find your cat bud.

·
STX 206 Viper
1,870 Posts
Keep your hopes up. Sometimes they just go "walkabout" for a few days and then come on home like they were never away.

·
Registered
16,822 Posts
You have to wonder how some people were raised. I hope you get your cat back.

Snake

·
north hill alumni assoc.
136 Posts
Hang in there.As an overall animal lover, we've had both cats and dogs at the same time for years.I've known male cats -even declawed(a particularly cruel and selfish human option to any cat that may ever be outside)-to return even months later, perhaps sporting a chewed ear and some other signs of battle.Cats are extremely bright and resourceful.The same traits that sometimes vex their owners serve them well in the wild.If this was a dog, you could start worrying.
Don't be surprised if your tom casually strolls in on his own one day, totally disinterested in your reaction.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Based on my years in and around Cleveland,I can assure you that cat is a clearly superior life form than many of your neighbors and stands a good chance of outsmarting their most evil efforts and returning to you when he feels like it.

·
Registered
2,889 Posts
Dont give up on your pets, I could go into stories about pets being missing for long periods of time. Keep searching, animals are tough especially cats and im not a cat person.

·
Registered
2,958 Posts
Don't worry if 1 of the crach heads do have they will turn it loose soon ;) their not about to deal with a cat for very long, cuts into their crack smoking time :) They r pretty close to the lowest from of life on this planet right now!!!

·
Fish against the fish...
1,110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
stands a good chance of outsmarting their most evil efforts and returning to you when he feels like it.
Thanks for the chuckle! I needed that

Great responses - thanks everyone. Amazing how those little furdevils grab on to you and become a part of your home and family. I'll keep the door open and the chow out... he knows how good he has it here.

Haven't got any crank calls to day yet.. that's good. crackalackas must bee sleeping...

·
Twinsburg, OH (NE OH, northern edge of Summit Co.)
5,882 Posts
i hope he comes back. i never thought id have a cat...well the wife brought one home 5 years ago and....i understand.

·
Premium Member
3,830 Posts
Stay positive, cats are very resourceful and no problems with freezing temperatures this time of year. I would contact local pound and humane society daily to see if he shows up at any of these facilities.

·
Registered
3,340 Posts
Do you have a picture or if not how about a description? What area might we be on the lookout for your feline friend?
Many of us travel around all parts of town. The more eyes looking the better.
Also include some way to contact you in a hurry if someone spots your cat.
Gene

·
Retired Firefighter
100 Posts
Jennis,
I hope you get your cat back. I am allergic to cats so I am a dog lover. But here's a link for a cool cat that hangs out at Edison's pub in the Tremont neighborhood. I play in a blues band and this cat is there every time we are there. Nice looking, laid back, and a good mouser, too. This cat has its own myspace page. His name is appropriately 'Last Call'.
Mike Hawkins

http://www.myspace.com/lastcallthecat

·
Fish against the fish...
1,110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks for the idea Gene, here's some info:

He answers to the name Ernie, he is a 2-year old shorthair brown/black Tabby with a white mush and his distinguishing features are his paws - he has thumbs (a hemmingway cat or polydactyl). He is microchipped but will not wear a collar - has all of his claws and is fixed. If scanned he is registered to Nine Lives Cat Clinic and they are aware he is missing.

We called all local and neighboring rescue, vet, apl and our local service department, There are posters around the neighborhood in case anyone needs to find our contact number.

Lost Saturday night after 10pm in the Cleveland heights/Cain Park area.
If found call 216-905-1789

Pictures attached. The younger one shows those paws...

Thanks for the support OGF!

Attachments

·
Perch Addict
892 Posts
He's a Mittenpaw ( Hemingway Cat) I've been to the Hemingway House in Key West and seen all the Mittenpaws running around, pretty cool........

I hope he comes back for you........

·
Fish against the fish...
1,110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 · (Edited)
wtrprfr1 - thanks for the note, it's encouraging to hear stories like that. I hope he comes home. I keep the door open all day and I have posted on craigslist and cleveland.com

no sign of him yet - people say they see him around but nothing definite.

As of August 5th lunchtime -- Ernie has returned. he si weak and lethargic, but home and safe. There are no signs of a fight or abuse. This is the best birthday gift. Thanks for the support OGF!

1 - 20 of 34 Posts