close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

something is wrong with this ad

Discussion in 'OGF Marketplace' started by fishnohio, Apr 24, 2008.

1. fishnohio

fishnohio

0   0   0

2. chuck71

chuck71

0   0   0

There must have been something wrong... It was flagged:confused:

3. Big_Boy

Big_Boy

0   0   0

What was it for????

4. SlabMan

SlabMan

0   0   0

Here is a copy of the ad as it appeared on Craigslist. Below the ad is the email that I received wanting me to put money in an account. Smells like a scam to me.

2006 Ranger Comanche Bass Boat Loaded with options!
    Navigation, locators, upgraded trolling motor, dual fuel tanks, Sirrius Radio and lots more.
    This is a great boat and in very nice condition,with very low hours.The stainless prop is a new one

Type:Bass
    Use:Fresh Water
    Make:Ranger
    Engine Type:Single Outboard
    Model:Z-19 Comanche
    Engine Make:Mercury
    Year:2006
    Engine Model:225 hp
    Length (Feet):19.6
    Primary Fuel Type:Gas
    Beam (Feet):8.0
    Fuel Capacity (Gallons):41-50
    Hull Material:Fiberglass
    Trailer:Included
    Hull Identification Number: RNGA3071L506

Hi again,
    The boat is already at the shipping company http://www.shipping-worldwide.tk in Manhattan, NY, was put in to a container and now is ready to be shipped (the shipping taxes are already been paid by me), the title comes into in your name and address. I am the first owner and the title is clear.
    Let me tell you how we will make this deal:
    1. You will have to give me your:
    Full name:
    Address:
    City/State/Zip:
    Phone#:
    2. I will open a transaction record with Worldwide Shipping Vehicle Purchase Protection and they will contact you with all the details regarding the payment.
    3. You will be contacted by Worldwide Shipping Vehicle Purchase Protection.
    4. You will make the deposit payment of 2,800 US and balance payment 2,800 cash on delivery!
    5. You must send the money on one of Worldwide Shipping Vehicle Purchase Protection agent for a better security.
    6. I will start the shipping process after you complete Worldwide Shipping Vehicle Purchase Protection instructions.
    7... You will have seven days to inspect and test drive the boat.
    After you get the boat and if you decide to keep it they will release the money if NOT will refund your money and the shipping company will take the boat back and keep it until I find a new buyer. The shipping will take maximum 1-2 working days. The payment you make will be kept by Worldwide Shipping Vehicle Purchase Protection agent until you will receive and inspect the boat. There is no risk in this deal. If this is agreeable with this please e-mail me with the following information in order to get this deal arranged with Worldwide Shipping Vehicle Purchase Protection and also the shipping ready and they will give you the tracking# as soon the boat itʼs on the way to you so you can track it. Mail me ASAP if you are still very interested in my boat because now I have more buyers still interested in my boat.
    Thank you for your time!

Attached Files:

5. Zfish

Zfish More Horsepower Raider!!

0   0   0

That boat is on craigslist all over the country. It's a huge scam. Shows up in the Denver adds almost daily. I wouldn't even send them anything. Stay away from that one !

6. fishnohio

fishnohio

0   0   0

i knew something smelled fishy on that one.......if it sounds to good to be true.....IT USUALLY IS !!!!!!!!!!!!........Mike

7. c. j. stone

c. j. stone

0   0   0

Obviously some kind of scam, but last week there was a 19 FT. Lund with a 125 HP outboard in the Akron Beacon Journal for $1500!! (yep, it said $1500-not $15 thousand). I have a couple boats but, yeah, I called about it. Got one of those computor voice answering machines and left my number. No call back, Darn it! Of course it did say-"Needs a 'little' work"!! It probably sold to the first caller......

8. The_Shark

The_Shark

0   0   0

I saw that ad too, I think it's a deal to get your e-mail addy and spam you.
    Don't Reply.

9. Hafus

Hafus

0   0   0

Looks like a good way to lose $2800. There have been numerous scams like this exposed recently. This is the first one I've seen regarding a boat!

10. Probably a scam, I recently seen a couple scam ads in the classifieds on the AR15 website where the guys were offering great deals and even willing to deal more on top of that, well people sent there money and never seen it again, like the old saying if it sounds to good to be true chances are it is.

11. DaleM

DaleM Original OGF Staff Member

0   0   0

Never, Never send money to anything that isn't a face to face deal. The only way is to see the item and test drive it. A clear title that day and take it home. These scams have been around fr years and still there are people that fall for them.

12. you are right shark - don't reply to any spam email or click the link to be removed. As most of us already know (just a reminder) those links only serve to verify an actual email so they can distribute it to another list.

Just keep deleting!

13. Tuna Can

Tuna Can

0   0   0

What?!? A scam?!? I'm waiting for delivery for my trial period like the add said. I'll probably keep it, too!

14. Kayak

Kayak

0   0   0

It was in the Dayton section of Craigslist yesterday.

15. awides

awides

0   0   0

I do a lot of business on Ebay, Craigslist, etc., and this is the model scam. Report them to Craigslist moderators. Like many have previously said, do not send or wire money--face to face, paypal, etc. usually ok.