close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Some recent muskie baits

Discussion in 'Tackle Making' started by fishing_marshall, Jun 22, 2008.

1. These two are the first lipped bait we have made. The perch one dive around 4 feet and has a wider action than the other bait. The red/yellow/black bait dives around 8 ft and has a really tight wobble.
    [​IMG]

This bait is a big topwater with two buzzblades and a 6in grub on the back. It should catch a monster muskie.

[​IMG]

2. sauguy

sauguy river & muskie angler, dayhiker

look good, hope they catch something for you.

3. Nice work on these lures. I really like the design of the top water unit. I can't see from the photo how that rear treble is attached, is it solid wire or seven strand? Very nice.

Douglas

4. pizza

pizza

That is gonna be one special day when that topwater gets slammed! I really like that original design. Nice work on all!

5. I really like the perch bait. It looks like it should be a pretty versatile bait.

Good stuff, FM.

6. The rear treble is attached with 45lb test nylon coated leader material. Also, I don't have an airbrush so all of my paint jobs are done with spray paint and then finished off with 3 coats of epoxy.

7. nice baits, IMHO, you might run into a lot of trouble with your buzz blade set up, as you have both spinning in the same direction, i have found that you need one to spin counter and one to spin clockwise for it to run true,just my canadian 1 and 1/2 cents lol

Etch

8. Marshall those look great! I can't wait to see a picture with one in a muskies mouth!

9. It ran true when we tested it before the final paint job. The only problem we really had was securing the wire for the blades.

10. fugarwi7

fugarwi7 Lumberjack

LOL...gotta love the exchange rate now! :mad:

Nice baits Marshall...I think you will hang a fish or two on those!