Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Been tinkering at the old work bench. IF we EVER get a decent ice season I may be able to report how they work. That barrel swivel is a # 16 just to give idea of size on the eye jig.

Upper right hand corner is just hooks with eyes epoxied on. These will be attached to bottom of small spoon to use as search lure with a dropper line as they are weightless.

The spoon jigs that I make I tried adding the tear drop 3D eye as I like the flash the cheek area give off. They too are sealed and kinda give a glass finish effect.

The old 1/8 oz heddon sonar just had its painted on worn out eyes replaced. These are getting harder and harder to find. But its a good multi-species producer. I think I only have 3 or 4 left out of the dozens I used to have. I know they still make the sonar but I don't think they make the small one anymore. It never was a popular size but it worked well for me over the years.

·
Registered
1,967 Posts
Nice looking ice jigs, maybe you missed your calling. You should go into business selling ice jigs and lures. I will be your first customer. They look like fish catchers to me!

·
Registered
2,279 Posts
NIce looking jigs papaperch. Also I thought I was the only person to think about ice fishing in the middle of July. LOL.

·
Registered
5,513 Posts
I'm impressed! Kudo's

1 - 7 of 7 Posts