Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
2,479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's a 42" from last Thursday evening.

And a very bad photo of a 40" caught Friday evening.

Lost a 50+" fish Friday that would have been my 50th muskie registered on the Muskie Angler Log in the last two years. That would have been quite a post. Instead it was a 34" I caught this morning. I need 39 more to make 100 West Branch muskies.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Nice fish, I am still looking for my 50inch plus muskie. Great thing about WB it could be any bite. Keep up the good fishing.

·
Amphibious Mobile
136 Posts
Hey,When You Hit 100 Of Those Bad Boys Were Gonna Rename The Lake "Steve Branch" Instead Of "West Branch" Cause u Definately Earned It Bro-Good Fishing To Ya!

·
Registered
118 Posts
Fishhunter, some friendly advice my friend; Maybe a congratulations first, not do u mind sharing baits and method . If you approach someone the right way they may share some tips, but don't be that guy, im sure people ask him all the time whatd you use, how far back... if he told people this on the net everyone would be out doin exactly what he does, which is something he put a lot of time and money in to learn. It takes a lot of time put in on the water to learn how to catch these fish, so go out and learn the lake. I started musky fishin few years back and you don't just ask someone that question, especially if you don't know them. Sorry to get off base, congratulations on the great catches Steve.

·
Registered
2,479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks guys. Steve Branch has a nice ring to it don't you think. As king I would ban all jet skis and fine all pleasure boaters that come within 50 yards of fisherman when the whole rest of the lake is open. lol

·
Trophy Tamer
1,480 Posts
Nice work Steve. That 50" would've been money for a 50th fish, but that's a heck of an accomplishment for any fisherman, especially at the Branch.

His secret? Nightcrawlers...;):F

·
STX 206 Viper
1,870 Posts
Congrats Steve. You may be passing up Luredaddy as "the man" on WB.

·
multi species angler
4,369 Posts
Fishhunter, some friendly advice my friend; Maybe a congratulations first, not do u mind sharing baits and method . If you approach someone the right way they may share some tips, but don't be that guy, im sure people ask him all the time whatd you use, how far back... if he told people this on the net everyone would be out doin exactly what he does, which is something he put a lot of time and money in to learn. It takes a lot of time put in on the water to learn how to catch these fish, so go out and learn the lake. I started musky fishin few years back and you don't just ask someone that question, especially if you don't know them. Sorry to get off base, congratulations on the great catches Steve.

NO MORE
;)

·
multi species angler
4,369 Posts
Very nice Steve! I will be keeping an eye out for you this week if I get out as planned.:)

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Awesome fish!!
add my Muskie and Pike group
Community+social groups+Muskie and Pike
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
134 Posts
awesome catches! I caught one last friday about 35" casting for bass with a spinner. It put up a heck of a fight on 12# test. I saw it fllow the spinner all the way to the boat and then wham! About a ten minute fight.

·
Registered
2,479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Congrats Steve. You may be passing up Luredaddy as "the man" on WB.
I don't think so. lol I think LD isn't posting because of some bashing earlier. I don't care about that. Bash away. I know I always enjoyed seeing his pics so I thought I would post some. Speaking for myself, the posts and pics aren't meant to impress the muskie community but let other fisherman enjoy these awesome fish and maybe give it a try themselves. The more people interested in them the more care the DNR will give them.

·
Tom B.
3,885 Posts
I know I always enjoyed seeing his pics so I thought I would post some. Speaking for myself, the posts and pics aren't meant to impress the muskie community but let other fisherman enjoy these awesome fish and maybe give it a try themselves. The more people interested in them the more care the DNR will give them.
Good mentality. Great to see your pics. Shame LD hasn't been putting some up. Nice to see mid-work week.

·
Registered
89 Posts
First, when I post here or on other sites, I am happy to post information about what was used and the general area. Next, if MadMac does not want to reply, I am sure that he is able reply for himself. If he does not care to reply, that is his prerogative. MadMac has posted questions and received responses on this site. WB is fairly big and basic information like cast plugs at weed edges or trolled a short line is interesting and educational for others including those who may not be on the water much and/or may not target this species. If he does not want to post his technique, he does not have to respond. Perhaps his first post was in haste to get the pics up and he would have been happy to share more basic info when he had time. I do not know without asking him. I did not ask any of you. I did not realize this was a bragging site for you guys and not a friendly community to share stories of success and/or failure and learn from each other.

Congratulations on your success MadMac! I am not concerned whether or not you share your technique. I am happy for you and it is fun to see your fishing pictures.

For the rest of you, I hope you catch plenty of fish. I really do.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts