close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Some input on some things iam looking for.

Discussion in 'Tackle Talk' started by Fish4Fun, Oct 17, 2004.

1. Fish4Fun

Fish4Fun Relaxing.

Hey guys/gals, i need to pick up a good pair of gloves to use when fishing now i use a bait caster so what do ya recommend needs to be warm and i guess i will have to cut out the thumb for casting.

Also was thinking of tying some of my own jigs this winter where can i get the skirts and the jigs either local or off the net.

2. netcraft would be good for jigs, I believe they have a website.
    You might want to try the grip gloves they have at lumber yards for framing and I believe 2 other kinds. When I saw them, the first thing I thought was winter fishing gloves.

3. DaleM

DaleM Original OGF Staff Member

Jerry, stop at the Old Dutchman's by Hoover Dam. She has a great selection to choose from. I get most all my materials there.

4. freyedknot

freyedknot useless poster

buy a good pair of neoprene shooting gloves. avery makes a great thin (1 1/2 mm) pair .not waterproof though.golf and driving gloves would be good too.

5. Go to a shop that carrys fly fishing gear. Check out a pair of fingerless/thumbless gloves in Polartec or similar synthetic material. They are warm even when wet. :) I use them Spring and Fall as well as for steelheading all Winter and need the fingerless/thumbless for using the long rod. You can also get wool ones at Army/Navy stores but they are not as warm, lose their shape when wetand are abear to get a hook out of without destroying the glove.

6. Fish4Fun

Fish4Fun Relaxing.

thank you. I will check out those golves shortdrift and swing by the old dutchman

7. johnboy111711

johnboy111711 SOLID MEAT

I was looking at golf gloves and they felt pretty warm and conveyed feeling pretty well.

8. Fish4Fun

Fish4Fun Relaxing.

Blue pike i saw those gloves on the internet today i sent a link to the wifes email from your cabelas link told her today i need some for the birthday next weekend.

9. I have been fishing winter months for years and believe it or not those jersey gloves you can get at the dollar store, 2 pair for 1 dollar work fine. They make great snot rags for when that cold winter's night breeze makes your nose run.

10. Jerry
    If you like the gloves you my want to check out Glacier's web site.
    They have a Kenai flip mitt on sale. If you buy 3 pair. They are $7.00 a pair.

Oh, yea ---- Happy birthday
    http://www.glacierglove.com/online_store.htm