close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Some hunting regulations?

Discussion in 'The Lodge' started by drew 2313, Nov 11, 2008.

1. drew 2313

drew 2313 Crappies All Day

I am gonna turn 18 on nov. 21 but i bought my license when i was 17, can i still hunt the youth?? Also can i hunt the regular gun season with my youth license or do i have to buy the adult license??

2. A youth deer gun season will be open statewide, November 22 and 23, 2008. Young hunters 17 years old and younger at the time they purchase their Youth Deer Permit ($12) and who are accompanied by a non-hunting adult may take one deer of either sex during this season. Deer taken by young hunters during the Youth Deer Gun Season count towards the zone and unit bag limits. All deer hunting implements that are legal during the regular deer season are permitted. All youths and non-hunting adults must wear hunter orange; youths must possess a valid Ohio hunting license and deer permit. Youths hunting on land their grandparents own are not required to have a hunting license, but must have a deer permit. Youths hunting on land their parents own are not required to have a hunting license or deer permit. No more than two youth hunters can be accompanied by one non-hunting adult and it is unlawful for the adult to hunt or possess a device ommonly used to take wild animals.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 30, 2015

3. Drew, first thing you need to do is run out and purchase your youth deer tag before you turn 18. You will then be good to go for the youth hunt. Also your youth deer tag and youth hunting license is good for all other deer seasons.

4. drew 2313

drew 2313 Crappies All Day

thanks alot squid and scott, i appreciate the help