Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
taking a chance here.
I am from columbus and with everything economy wise--- lake erie is an expensive trip-- having said that, there's nowhere else i'd rather fish!
We have a boat stored in lorain-- was wondering if
you would give me some numbers of where the walleye bite is? We don't get up often and sure hate to comeback empty handed! I hve all the equipment, just harder for us coming so far and not there daily to where to start. Would much appreciate any help you might offer! thank you,
erieeyes2

·
Registered
266 Posts
Thought I would just reply before this gets off the main page.
I would just suggest reading the posts here EVERY day everything and more that you ask is given freely by members here.

·
Registered
3,340 Posts
I understand your situation and the expense involved. Fish move and what was a good spot today may not be tomorrow or even in 4 hours. The Sandbar off Lorain is usually holding fish somewhere at this time of year. With diminished population this year the schools are smaller. You must look for them. Good luck and enjoy the time on the water. Take some minnows with you and if you cannot get the walleye to cooperate you can settle down and do some perching as this will start to get better in the next few weeks.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Yes, reading the site daily is your best bet. OGF'ers are fairly generous with information on the site and on the water. On the water, generally tune into 79. Here is a nice post just today.

http://www.ohiogamefishing.com/community/showthread.php?t=124771

Make sure you try to return the favor. There is plenty of water and plenty of fish to share your info with everyone within earshot (on water) and eyeshot (on OGF) and still not be swarmed.

·
Registered
3,851 Posts
Dropped you a PM that might help a little. Try to get to know the other fishermen whereever you store your boat. Sometimes people will share info regularly.

·
Registered
11,371 Posts
I assume you launch out of Hotwaters, correct? Two suggestions:
1) Take the time on your way up to stop in and see Craig at Erie Outfitters.
It is going to rob you of some fishing time but you will get the l
latest and best information about the current or last good bite as well as
the methods used and the best presentation.................Wouldn't hurt to
spend a few $'s as you cannot beat his prices.

2) If you don't have time for the stop and can't get any good info based on
the Erie Posts, head North and try the deeper water in the 50 to 60 foot
range.

Sunday might be tough based on today's weather. Good luck.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts