Some Dayton air show pictures 2008

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by wackyworm, Jul 21, 2008.

1. Here are some of my air show pics from this years Dayton air show...

the F-22 Raptor

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. And

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Check out the feet hanging out the back!!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. And a few of Shockwave...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. KaGee

KaGee Monkeywrench Staff Member

Excellent!
    Great pics. I'm extremely jealous.
    Must have a great camera to capture at those speeds.
    Thanks for sharing.

5. Nice pictures. I was wondering where I left my truck though.

Loweboat

6. Wackyworm,

AWESOME pics!! Bumblebee and I both work on the F-22 program (where we buy, sustain, and modernize the F-22s). It truly is an amazing aircraft and brings unthinkable capabilities to the warfighter! Thanks for sharing!

Hafus

7. ezbite

ezbite the Susan Lucci of OGF

great great photos!!!!! good to see a navy jet in there too:) (F18)

i love air shows. cant wait for the cleveland one, its bittersweet to me because it means summer over and the white stuff aint too far off.:p great photos again. ive already saved them before i posted:p

8. man i knew you would come through again.......awsome pics.....i wanted to go so bad to see the raptor..........that thing is amazing......anyway you could e mail those to me.......wanna send em to a couple friends......thanx bdale7@columbus.rr.com

9. man, you take awesome pictures! those are great!
    I love the size comparison in the corsair.

10. Buick Riviera

Buick Riviera Willows and bass go together like beer and pizza.

Wow! what great pictures. Unbelievable to think this all started with a couple of bicycle mechanics from Dayton.

Again, I can't say enough about your pictures. Thanks for sharing.

Buick

11. AWESOME PICS!!! The F-22 Raptor is an amazing aircraft. I was fortunate enough to work The Mustangs and Legends air show in Columbus This past year. The capabilities of the Raptor were astonishing. It truly is something special to see in flight. Some of the maneuvers it did was jaw dropping. Thanks wackyworm for sharing.

12. What gave me the chills was the national anthem with those ladies skydiving. That Sean Tucker narrating his own show was absolutely the best!!! This was my first year going, and what a great day! Awesome pics my friend!!

13. I have to get a camera like that ,,,I need a new one,,What kind did you use?????

I have not seen a F 104 since I was in Thailand in 1968,,

14. Toxic

Toxic Defensor Fortis

Tom you know the Air Force rocks :D LOL

That jet truck came to Homestead AFB in the mid 90's when I was there. He did one pass and the pressure of the jet engine blew chunks of the runway up. The brass were not to happy after that.

I love the F-16 and the The F4U Corsair, two of my all time favorites!

15. ezbite

ezbite the Susan Lucci of OGF

took ya long enough. do you see that tailhook on the navy carrier jet? now thats one tough jet, not to mention the size of the landing gear....whoa nelly.... VFA-106, fixed wing attack squadron, not only a fighter, but a bomber too, only got to launch those babys for about a year. they replaced my favorite..F-14 tomcat...anytime baby:p

16. Gju42486

Gju42486 Banned

pshhhhhhhhhhhh

Attached Files:

17. Toxic

Toxic Defensor Fortis

Okay George, we can't forget the Coasties. :C Can you hook me up on a ride on one of those?

Tom, I'll give credit to those Navy jocks. Anyone who is crazy enough to land an aircraft on a moving landing deck is nuts. :eek:

18. It was a good show, although nothing could surpass the Gathering of Mustangs last year. Thanks for all your comments, I enjoy shooting and going to air shows. I use my NIKON D70's, which is a digital SLR, but I bring in the planes with my SIGMA 50-500mm { referred to as the "bigma" } lens. Its a very versatile lens with extreme zooming capabilities. If I can I will put up a few more pictures this afternoon. Oh, and nice picture of the Dolphin, one of my favorite choppers. Love hearing them come up the beach on Lake Michigan, such a cool sound.

19. Toxic

Toxic Defensor Fortis

Thanks for the pictures. I am looking forward to seeing more.

Has anyone ever seen the Tora Tora Tora productions? I had the privilege to see them at the Lorain County Air Show a few years ago. They reproduce an attack on Pearl Harbor along with firing blanks and diesel fuel bombs. They have planes painted up like Japanese zeros and American fighters. AWESOME show.