Ohio Game Fishing banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 37 of 37 Posts
If Mepps caught over 1,000 steel this year, he must not have a job...or he tosses some grenades in the river ;)
Its not that hard to catch over 1k of steel a year.... me for one has done it so have many other steelhead guys i know on this site... theres has been many days of 40+ fish on the grand and conny... all it takes is alittle knowledge, reading, sampling differant things and watching the guys who do catch them to put double digit days in ur scap book!!!!!

Its not that hard to catch over 1k of steel a year.... me for one has done it so have many other steelhead guys i know on this site... theres has been many days of 40+ fish on the grand and conny... all it takes is alittle knowledge, reading, sampling differant things and watching the guys who do catch them to put double digit days in ur scap book!!!!!
I'm glad you said this, I was afraid I was going to be categorized as an over-exaggerator for agreeing with Mepps. :p No offense Mepps

Lets just have fun fishing for them. Whether you catch 10 or 1000 a season I dont see it getting old.
Lets not get another thread locked. Have some fun!

I agree whole heartedly with one legged Josh. This forum has gone so sour over the last year or so. I fish all the time and try to post reports, yes reports of how and what I did. Not many people do that anymore. WE have also lost many people who used to post quite frequently such as ksuflash due to bickering and belittling threads. I have been steelhead fishing since I was 7 or so and grew up fishing the rocky river by riding my bike with a vest on and a rod from my house in westlake. So yes I appreciate Mepps' post and pics. Its a great stream that can almost all be public access.

Guys I am just so sour at the posts I see. I love fishing, I truly do and I fish enough that this time a year I am happy to put my rod down like a kid waiting for christmas for early october. I just don't want to see a lack of reports and quality fisherman leaving this site. Lets stay supportive and encouraging, as I am not accusing anyone of wrongdoings.

Take care and keep the reports flowing. Thanks guys for reading this and I'll see you in the stream this fall, or slamming eyes on erie:)

Hey Bugger,

If you're still with us, I didn't get a chance to congratulate you on the biggest fish of your life. That's more like a silver torpedo, very nice fish.
Hope someday (next season would be nice) I can hook into one of them monsters. With help from some of the more knowledgeable guys on this forum and reading some books, I just might have a shot at it. Sorry that your first post turned out to be a bad experience. Good luck!!

I don't know about you but I lose track after fishing for hours. Let alone all winter.

You guys must use those counters they have for perchin'
crap r u kidding me, i keep a notebook of how many, what the sky looked like, how cold the water was, what they hit on what they didnt hit on, what stretches of water i hit them in and around what times of day.... Boy i have a sickness..... LMAO

im going to be teaching a pre-season fall steelhead class at gander mountain in twinsburg again in july if n e one wants to come.... Its going to be more informational that last year. will post in lounge when more info is set....

crap r u kidding me, i keep a notebook of how many, what the sky looked like, how cold the water was, what they hit on what they didnt hit on, what stretches of water i hit them in and around what times of day.... Boy i have a sickness..... LMAO
You're not alone sir.... the bad thing for me is I'm just a kid, I'm sure it only gets worse.

I to have note books, index cards, napkins from mcdonalds over the last 15 or so years on days that certain things worked well. Its a passion that just keeps growing and eventually its rubbing off on my 3 yr old little girl. The 9 month son isn't ready yet but I hope someone will start making waders in his size:p

20 lbs...hell no not even close...and this comes from someone who gets several honest 20 PLUS pound kings a year, with over 30 years on the water...I call foul..and as to mepps and a K a year...very easily done and then some..proof is in the pudding and that pic is rotten pudding...

Why is it so hard for some people to simply say " nice fish" or say nothing at all? If you feel you are going to explode if you don't question someone's integrity or honesty why not do it privately in a PM. Why do it in a public forum? The threads I have read since joining OGF last summer have been 99.9% positive. Let's shoot for 100%. Like everyone's mom use to say "If you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all." Moms are wise.

21 - 37 of 37 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.