Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
986 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
4-6 11:00 my grandson & I headed to a different lake for some bluegill fishing action. 11:35 I baited my catfishing rod with 2 fat night crawlers then got my bluegill rod setup to fish. 12:00 I caught my 1st bluegill of the day. I reeled in my catfish rod and used the bluegill for fresh bait.12:15 I caught my 2nd bluegill, they were biting very slowly. My grandson only caught 2 and said let us try another small lake we know holds lots of bluegills. At 12:50 we headed for the other lake.

13:20 we had our lines in the clear water of the lake. Before I got my first bite my grandson had caught 6 bluegill and 2 small bass! So I moved over to where he had set up and followed his directions where to cast. Sure enough I started catching fish. We were using red worms and bits of night crawlers for bait. The action was just as we hoped it would be when left in the morning.

He would be up on me on total caught; then I got ahead, back and forth thee whole. We were both pleased to see that the bluegills were much larger this time than in the past years. Once again my grandson got the honors of most fish and largest fish. I came close this time, for he caught 31 bluegills and 4 bass. I caught 29 bluegill and 2 bass. The bass were small in size from 7-12 inches; but fun to catch.

We packed it in around 16:00 and headed home, some nice smiles on our faces, and good memories of a action filled trip.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts