Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
805 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So as I sit here doing some people watch in a sugar waffle trailer here at the knox co fair I find myself, well doing more thinking about fishing..mostly the solunar theory and the affect atmospheric pressure have on fish.. I've done a lot of researching on the two subject and read a lot of "testimonials" about the validity of both. Any body on here follow either of these? Is it worth my effort to learn and fish by one? Or maybe both?. I understand pressure/weather has a lot to do in the variables of well a good fish bite? And while not following they weather exactly I admittingly keep what you can call a fish journal on try and jot down memorable days/catchs and the variables thay played that day I.e. weather conditiins near future/past and present as for water temp and havr noticed a slight trend in solid catching days. Anyways customers are starting to lose my train of thought so back to people watching I go.. anyone with more info or wanna debate/talk about the too fell free to click in the quick reply box and type away!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Ohub Campfire mobile app

·
M.saxatilis x M.chrysops
3,305 Posts
Well...

Barometric pressure has a direct effect on how things behave in water. Specifically, where in the water column they come to rest. One could surmise that this can affect fishing patterns by affecting how the food chain behaves.

The moon plays a major role in saltwater fishing via tides and hunting mammals to some extent. As far as affecting freshwater fish, that is up for debate. I can personally confirm that it affects feeding times. There are many different hypotheses out there concerning why this might occur.

·
Registered
297 Posts
As far as pressure, a fish will experience more of a pressure change by a chance in depth that it would notice from any atmospheric change. However, changes in atmospheric pressure do coincide with changes in weather that affect light penetration in the water, which will affect the depth fish will be at. High pressure usually indicates clear Sky's and deeper light penetration with fish remaining in deeper water. Low pressure indicates cloudy/rainy whether with lower light penetration and fish in shallower water.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Ohub Campfire mobile app

·
Registered
297 Posts
Also, as far as the soluner tables, I have noticed more activity during those time. Not guaranteed, but more often than not.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Ohub Campfire mobile app

·
Registered
805 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sorry for te delayed response but thanks guys I think I'm gonna have to read into a little more and give it a shot

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Ohub Campfire mobile app

1 - 6 of 6 Posts