close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Solid Early Season

Discussion in 'Waterfowl Hunting' started by BuckeyeAngler, Sep 8, 2005.

1. BuckeyeAngler

BuckeyeAngler Love to be on the Water

I am very pleased with my results from early season this year. I hunt a farm pond in Xenia where my roommate works in the summer and we took 6 geese total on Labor Day weekend. On opening day our friend Ernie bagged his first goose. Friday morning wasn't as kind. It was extremely foggy when we were setting up our decoys and when the fog lifted there wasn't a cloud in the sky. We heard some honks around 7am but didn't see anything due to the fog. We packed up at around 11 am and decided to try sometime later in the weekend. Well Sunday evening Hutch (my roommate) and I decided to jump the pond and boy did we have a day. I limited out with 3 geese and Hutch hit one. I was so excited I couldn't stop shaking after the birds went down. This is only my second season hunting and my first time limiting out. The next morning we saw one flock but it met other hunters before reaching our area but we did manage to call in one loner in which my uncle took down with one single shot. Hopefully we see as much action this year during regular season. Heres a shot of Hutch and I....

[​IMG]

2. Well Done!
    It sounds like it was a load of fun too. I hope the rest of the season goes well for you!

3. TexasPete

TexasPete Fishin' Fool

Early season ain't over, Adam! ;)

Great job on those honkers...It doesn't get much better than limiting on the first flock you see!

4. BigChessie

BigChessie BIG PIMPIN' "GIGELO"

Nice going! Congrats!

5. Sweet! Wish I could get out!