close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Software for my Olympus Dig cam

Discussion in 'Computing & Gaming Discussions' started by AndroDoug, May 23, 2005.

1. AndroDoug

AndroDoug Duke of Bucketmouth

My old computer finally broke down and I had to buy a new one. I haven't been on the internet for 3 weeks! Well I am now getting around to installing all my software for various stuff, and the software for my digital camera requires a serial number to install. For the life of me, I cannot find the paper that had the serial number for the disc. I have all the original packaging, except for that. I bought the camera new 3 years ago, and Camedia (the software company for Olympus Digital) will not help me. They say I have to buy a new copy for 20 bucks! Is that BS or what!

Is there anything else I can do? I obviously need to use my camera. I cannot download my pictures off the camera without it, therefore my 300 dollar camera is worthless at this point.

Thanks in advance...

2. flathunter

flathunter Mellons mentor

I have a olympus, it came with camedia software but I never used it, I just plug it in and download the pics to my computer.

3. AndroDoug

AndroDoug Duke of Bucketmouth

Oh wow! It works! I just assumed the software that came with the camera was vital. I have Windows XP now, and did not know it came with a built-in camera thingy! I didn't even consider just plugging in the camera on it's own. Thought I had to have operating software. I guess I am too stubborn to think so simply! :eek: I always think everything HAS to be complicated if it is technologically advanced! :rolleyes:

Thanks! Now I can post about the baby musky I caught at Mogadore in the NEO section!

4. flathunter

flathunter Mellons mentor

If you want a free picture editor to resize pics, erfanview is great and free..Just do a search for erfanview and download it!

5. mrfishohio

mrfishohio Recovering Fishaholic

I relate to that !!

6. captnroger

captnroger OGF Webmaster

moved to computer talk

7. I have several photo programs and couldn't live without them...
    Now I'll go look at your muskie...

8. I have an Olympus C-4050Zoom digital.

I use Adobe Photoshop Album to organize and download my pics from my camera! This is the best tool I've used. I create custom tags like: fishing, berlin, wife,son, etc and then when I download pictures from my camera I tag the pictures. I can then later filter by those tags by clicking on the tag so it pulls up all photos associated with that tag! No more search endlessly through photos in directories on your hard drive!!! I love it. I believe it costs less than 50 bucks.