Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Back by the motor cover I have a soft spot that is about 14" x 10". The floor is fiberglass-then plywood-then glass underneath. I am assuming this is whatis called wrapped or glassed in. Anyway the wood is bad and I wanted to know if there was a way to repair w/out cutting the top of the floor out. Any suggestions would do, other than just putting the cooler over it...

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
need more info on where exactly the 'soft spot is. find out where your stringers are located, this can be done by you, or better yet having someone you know pound on the hull looking for them, if theyre located nowehre near the soft spot, then one option which has already been mentioned is to cut out a small hole, and through that hole dig out all the old wood, then just inject epoxy in there. if its an older boat and the value isnt all that great, this will be your best option. if it located at a stringer, then you have other issues to deal with.

EDIT: if youre falling through the floor, then you do have more issues that just rotten wood. its seriously bad.

·
Flatulent Entreprenuer
2,601 Posts
Floor replacement is in your future, but for a temprary, and I mean 1 season only, drill some holes, fill with great stuff, roll on a heavy coat of resin and let harden. That will get you through a season. Just finished installing my 3rd floor on as many boats. Not too big of a job if you have the time, and locale to do the work.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts