close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Soft plastics storage

Discussion in 'Tackle Talk' started by young-gun21, Feb 10, 2008.

1. I store all of my soft plastics in Tackle Logic Magnum Wraps. I know that it is common knowledge to keep your soft plastics in their original bags but they tend to be rather bulky, especially when you only have a few baits left in the bag.

My question is...how much would it alter the baits if I moved them to the Glad bags w/ the zipper? For the most part the baits I use are salt impregnated so I can't imagine that moving them would be that big of a deal. It should also be noted that I use Carolina Lunker Sauce the majority of the time as well.

Does anyone think this would be a big deal...or should I just keep buying more wraps?!? Thanks for the input!

2. moving the bait into another bag wont matter at all. Keep it sealed so you keep your baits scent in the bag and not other scents on it is key. I don't see a problem with that at all.

3. If you put your soft plastics in regular sandwich zip lock bags, the plastic bait will leech oil and or scent from the bait into the bag and the bag will fall apart over a short time, unless the bag is at least 4 mils thick. the zip locks from the Grocery Store are made of polyethylene, you need to have polypropylene bags. or laminated bags that most of your soft plastic baits come in.
    Just my two cents worth!
    James

4. I agree with Maniac, and there is also the possiblility of chemical reaction between the two plastics over time also.

5. Ive just kept my plastics in their original bags and bought a rubbermade container to store them in. Seems to work for me.

6. What Nitro said. Whatever you do, do not store different colors of soft plastics in the same bag or bin. The colors will eventually bleed together, ruining your baits.