close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

soft plactic ?

Discussion in 'Tackle Talk' started by joefish422, Jul 28, 2005.

1. Wondering how you guys fish like a curly tail worm and houdini worm. do you use a steady retrive or some other technique all help appreciated

2. Pikedaddy

Pikedaddy just catch 'em'

When I fish a worm ,I rig it weedless and give it a bouncing sort of retrieve over weeds
    I have gotten away from plastics just because its so slow . My fav for plastic is in the spring with tubes and curly tail grubs . Ever fished topwater? Thats my favorite buzzbaits and spoons
    Hope I helped a little
    good fishing

3. johnboy111711

johnboy111711 SOLID MEAT

i fish mine slow... slowwer the better.dragging across the bottom is a good start, in weeds you may wany to pop the worm through the weeds.

4. I just started having success with a 7" purple twister tail.
    I texas rigged it with no wieght except for the 4/0 hook.
    I cast it out, let it sink to the bottom and every 15-20 seconds i twithed it a little. then after about 2-3 minutes, i raised the rod tip about 6 inches and let the worm settle back to the bottom, drop the rod tip back down and reel up the slack. I kept repeating this until the worm was back at the rod.
    I only got bites when the worm was not being worked.

5. johnboy111711

johnboy111711 SOLID MEAT

NOW thats how to work a worm slow, WTG Mkatts

6. :D

What a little to much detail? :D

That procedure is locked in my brain forever. My first success with a worm. That was a great feeling. What a rush.

My next goal is a topwater strike.

7. Same presentation as what I posted above caught this guy!

Attached Files: