Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,052 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife and I are anchored at a sandy bottom and beach east of Ruggles with no other boats in sight at anchor. We are in about 3 ft of water at the stern with the forward and stern anchors set firmly in a brisk NE wind/waves.

While washing down the hull here comes a 23 footer with the captain deciding to anchor east of me within 30 some feet. He rapidly comes drifting near my boat and I head over to stop him (no stern anchor in at this point).

He jumps in the water, has some clown at the wheel who promptly puts the boat in gear and runs over my stern line I was able to lower the line just enough that he just chinked the line. The captain takes over and orders the clown to turn off the engine as he tugs the boat away from us to our west.

WTH is with these idiots? He had the entire Lake and decides to lay up close up east of me with a brisk NE wind and wave.

·
Registered
5,870 Posts
see all those people on the free way. zig zaging along? there on the water too!!.there called dumb stupid and other words , but there just people who just don,t give a dam about others , seems to be a influx of there kind lately.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Was fishing out of Wildwood today. A charter type boad blew through the anchored fishing fleet at full speed. Seem as though people feel that they are entitled to do whatever they want with no concern as to how it impacts the other guy. Where have manners gone!

·
Registered
3,915 Posts
Had a guy in bay point up my arse today as I am in line waiting for a traffic jam of six boats jockeying for position at the gas docks. Three boats in front of me all waiting for the channel to clear. This clown can't wait, weaves through the boats causing more issue and about forces a guy to put his drives into the rocks in the channel to avoid him. Boat was about a 34 foot blue hulled Sea Ray by the name of lemonade something out of Johnsons island. If anyone knows this fool tell him to break out his check book and take a boating class.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Ohub Campfire mobile app

·
Registered
2,052 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
We went out yesterday to do some perching. On the way out we pass a docker with his twin through hulls running and we figured he was just warming up the engines. Directly behind him across the marina channel was a boat sitting at the dock with folks on rear cockpit area socializing.

We head out to the river at idle speed then onto the lake only to be turned back after hitting some pretty nasty water.

So back to the river at idle speed to our marina and dock channel only to see the same guy with the through hulls still running his engines, ignoring the folks across from him trying to have a conversation on their boat and enjoy the peace and quiet of the day.

Yep, morons on the water and on the road.

·
Registered
152 Posts
A month or so back in Conneaut on the way back in I stopped at the harbor mouth and hooked and towed back in a disabled boat. Inside the harbor get into the marked channel (also no wake zone) and myself and the towed boat are staying to the right and pretty close to the bouys, leaving room to the port side for the outgoing boats and for incoming to pass us. So this jerk comes up behind us, passes us the right even though a few other boats prior to him passes us on the left, he got a tight squeeze between us and the buoy. Boats are 3 wide in the channel because of the opposite direction traffic. Now that this guy is in front of me by about 50' and he decides to come to a full stop and talk on the radio. Think that is the first time I have ever yelled and cussed somebody on the water, usually can just sit back and wait for the idiots to get out of the way, but this guy was a special kind of obtuse.

·
Registered
25 Posts
We took our 13' Lyman to Pleasant Hill Lake this past weekend. The people in the pontoons and house boats were wasn't and respectable, but the renters and amateurs were horrible. Had a guy fly up behind me and pass me so close I could have slapped him. Arrogant people think they own whatever body of water they are on and have no clue how to read a bow light. Overall a good weekend with just a few morons.

·
Registered
3,850 Posts
Sadly....a boats purchase price does not include brains or courtesy.

·
Fishin-For-Fun
2,117 Posts
Last saturday we were perch fishing off Geneva and had folks drop anchor upwind of us and then they played out their line until they were over my anchor. Yet they were the ones upset when i had to motor in their direction in order to retrieve my anchor.

Most people don't understand anchoring - just watch how many will anchor from the stern when perch fishing. sure its easier, until that one big wave pushes your boat under...

I run out 200' of anchor line, that is my swing distance, if you anchor within my swing distance, you better also have close to 200' of line out or we will meet...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts