close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

so long for now......

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Gju42486, Jul 5, 2005.

1. Gju42486

Gju42486 Banned

ok guys,just the got phone call today that im off to united states coast guard boot camp july 26th,,3 weeks from today,,going to try to squeeze some last minute fishing in before i go,,anyhow,it should be the best 4 years of my life once im in,,,well after the 8 weeks of hellanyhow,,,wish me luck guys.

2. johnboy111711

johnboy111711 SOLID MEAT

good luck, YOU CAN DO IT!!!

3. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon Hangin' With My Gnomies

Good luck & thanks for your patriotism & dedication.

4. sowbelly101

sowbelly101 Keep'n It Reel

I wanted to do the USCG thing when I got out of high school , but the day I went to talk to the guidance counselor the army recruiter was there. after a few minutes of talking he had me sold!!!! Still wish I woulda done the CG, but I had a good time in the Army.

Good luck !!!!

sowbelly :D

5. Good luck and I must tell you that I am envious. I had my dreams set on the coast guard, but was unable to enlist due to an injury from high school baseball. Oh well, I got a college degree instead...

I'll pass on some advice my father gave me ( a retired Army Officer):
    "Let common sense prevail in all situations"
    "Never be afraid to stick your neck out; it may bring you temporary pain, but that pain will turn to pride when it is all said an done"

Best wishes!!!!!

6. Lewzer

Lewzer Powderfinger

Excellent!!!

Enjoy your time there (after the boot camp), don't get involved with the politics and make good use of your time while you're there.
    Your time in the service will be what you make of it. Take every opportunity that is presented to you.

7. Whaler

Whaler Whaler

The Coast Guard is a good choice. I was going to join years ago but when i went to the main psot office in Akron where the recruiters were there was none there for the Coast Guard. All the other branches of service were there. It was just when the Vietnam War was really heating up and I wasn't about to be drafted into the Army where I was sure to get my head blown off so I joined the Navy. It was the best choice I ever made. I learned my craft there which I used until I retired. In the Navy I was a BT- Boilerman. I became a Stationary Engineer after I got out and worked in thye powerhouse at Goodyear in Akron until I retired two and a half years ago. I say to learn something you can make money with when you get out , go Navy , Coast Guard or Air Force. Good luck and just do what they tell you in Boot Camp and it will be easy for you.

8. flathunter

flathunter Mellons mentor

9. Good friends of ours have a son who is in the Coast Guard and just loves it. He has it tough though cause he has to live in Virginia Beach in an apartment 2 blocks from the beach with 3 of his buds. Tough duty heh? Boot camp is just a few weeks of mind games. Play the game, tell them what they want to here, and it will go by before you know it. I'll never forget my service time. some of the best years of my life. Good luck to ya.

10. freyedknot

freyedknot useless poster

a grand salute to you my friend. godspeed to you and be safe out there.

11. FOBU

FOBU

heres a bonus for you,,,i was in the usmc 30 years ago and i still stay in touch and visit 5 guys who were in with me.the friendships you make will last a lifetime..and yes,,thanks for your service

12. Ruminator

Ruminator TeamOGF

Good Luck, Godspeed, and thank-you.;)