close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

so, im going to be a dad

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by LiquidTension, Aug 7, 2005.

1. LiquidTension

LiquidTension mouse potato

8.5 years of trying and its become a reality. turning 39 this month and shes turning 38. we just moved to a new house this past june...must be somethin' in the water here :)

god willing, everything goes well and she carries to term. :eek:

im excited, happy, worried and have all kinds of fears ive never known before. man whatta life changer. i dont know what else to say, but ill do my best

2. Fish4Fun

Fish4Fun Relaxing.

congrats hope everything goes smooth for you and if you need any trainning i have 4 kids i will send you for the weekend if you make it that long LOL. Congrats

3. DaleM

DaleM Original OGF Staff Member

Congrats to both of you, we'll keep you in our prayers that all goes good.

4. mrfishohio

mrfishohio Recovering Fishaholic

You'll do fine......

5. captnroger

captnroger OGF Webmaster

Congrats. Life is about to take on new meaning for both of you (proud papa of 2 rugrats, ages 3 and 1-1/2) :D

6. I can remember the day my better 3/4 told me she was pregnant. I will pray that everything goes well. I am happy for you and your wife.

7. Ruminator

Ruminator TeamOGF

Hey! That is great. Congratulation. Yes, we'll be praying all goes well with your pregnancy.
    Being a dad can be very challenging, but nothing can compare to the fulfilment from it if you do it well.
    My two boys are 22, and 20; and its been a great life.

8. AndroDoug

AndroDoug Duke of Bucketmouth

Congrats Liquid Tension! Just make sure when the little guy/girl grows up, to teach him/her the correct way to get a boat out of the water at Fletcher's pond when a storm is rolling in!

9. Reel Lady

Reel Lady Dreams DO come true!

That is GREAT news! Congratulations to both of you :) How is your wife feeling? Has she been hit with morning sickness? If she has, gosh, I feel for her...if not? She should consider herself one lucky woman! lol
    Good luck to the both of you..
    Marcia

10. fffffish

fffffish Muskie 1 Trolling Thunder

Congratulations
    The only thing more fun than being a parent is being a grand parent
    Good luck

11. Paul Anderson

Paul Anderson Logan's Dad

There is no more difficult or rewarding task than being a parent. Congratulations. With 16, 13, and 9 year olds, I'm getting near the peak of my dumbness. I imagine that in a few more years I might start sliding upward on the intelligence scale of their minds. :D I know my dad got a lot smarter when I got a little older. ;)

12. your not alone,i was with my wife for 16 yrs,99% chance she couldnt have kids. i was 39 wife is 10yrs younger than me,and one day the test came back posative......blew me away,haley was born 1 day before my 39th b day,well mom said she has to have someone to play with :rolleyes: so 3yrs later little casey was born........ive aged dramaticly ever since,so your not the only one :p congrats and enjoy dad...........

13. LiquidTension

LiquidTension mouse potato

thanks guys.... it really means alot

Andro, im sure DG told you all about that...lol yeah quite an experience. ill make sure i suggest a 4 wheel drive :D all came out well though, its back on the water for $140 carb cleanout. are you coming with us next year?

Marcia, none, yet. i think it may be too early...and congrats to you on your future B.A.S.S endeavors. maybe we'll watch you on saturday morning fishing shows :)

thanks everybody :)

14. ShakeDown

ShakeDown OGF Staff Staff Member Admin

BANK SLEEP NOW :D

Your life will change, and all for the better. Welcome to the club, and congrats!

15. Congratz man! Kids are a joy, mine are 3 and 6 and it seems like just yesterday they were little babies!

16. Congrats! It took my wife and I 3 years so I know what you went through. My wife called me at work one day and said you need to come, I think I might have to go to the doc. Well I'm rushing home thinking bad things and I get there and she is all smiles and says I have something for you and gave me a Tigger fishing pole with a bib that says "I love my daddy". What a great feeling. Now she is 8 months old and crawling all over the place and getting ready to use that pole. Wait till you hear the heart beat for the first time! DONT FIND OUT WHAT IT IS!! The excitement and the surprise are amazing. Most people I know found out what they were having but I tell everyone not to, its the biggest surprise of your life. Good luck!

17. congrads! it is about time that you slipped 1 past the goalie. i just think you weren't getting in there deep enough :S

i better make room in my garage for your boat. it will just be gathering dust at your place now. call me when you are allowed to go out. :D :D :D

p.s.-thanks again for picking me up at the airport last night :)

18. Hey congrats. My wife and I tried for a long time too and had our first just over a year ago. I know what you mean by all the emotions. Don't worry, you will be a find papa. Once you get into it, it kind of comes natural. We'll say an extra prayer that all goes well.

19. Bassy

Bassy Bass the other white meat

congradulations, after 10 yrs. of trying due to infertility and the last 2 yrs waiting on a adoption list, we just brought our son home last week. take shakdowns advise, bank on sleep now. LOL
    its sure a great blessing!!!!!!!!
    Bassy