Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So how big of a fishing boat do you run? :)

Me, I run an aluminum 16' 2"er...

I am still scared of launching big boats, and so far, I think this size will keep me happy for a long time.

Right now I am thinking she is not too big, and not too small, just right!

How about you? ;)

·
Registered
726 Posts
16' any bigger than that I would need to upgrade my tow vehicle. Its big enough for calm days on Erie. And small enough to go on electric motor lakes. I wouldn't go any other route.

promag

·
Registered
6,881 Posts
Fish my Great Lakes Deep V 19.5' Sea Nymph, fish it at Acton, Cowan ( 9.9 lakes) and Indian and St Marys all the time and both those lakes are like 3 ft deep in the deeper places...LOL Never a problem!! Love it and will get a 21 or 24' next time!!

Salmonid

·
Registered
598 Posts
27' 1967 ChrisCraft Commander. Single screw, but getting better at parking her. :) Only downside is can't take her out myself. :(

·
Registered
5,146 Posts
17' Fischer....Long enough, but, needs to be wider and could use just a tad bit more HP. 40 on it now.. 60 would be great. Great boat for towing and putting in and out by oneself though.

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
Well,I have a 18'6" Cajun bass boat w/150 black max xr4 but all I've really run this summer is my pelican 10ft (basstender style) boat w/40pd Minn kota.I LOVE that little freaking thing!Throw in the bed of my truck, no gas used,rod holder's to troll,depth finder,running lights for night fishing.Best $500 I EVER spent.The bass boat does go out occasionally though.

Sent from my VS870 4G using Ohub Campfire mobile app

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
16' any bigger than that I would need to upgrade my tow vehicle. Its big enough for calm days on Erie. And small enough to go on electric motor lakes. I wouldn't go any other route.

promag
One more 16' fan... My brother!! :D

BTW Bigjoe, sweet looking boat ya have there.

·
Bit by Musky bug
8,422 Posts
21 ft, fish Erie and Ontario mainly but hit wb coupe times a year, sort of looking for a 16 ft aluminum beater that I can fish the rivers off of in the winter and ate out while my ranger is put away for winter. The 21 ranger perfect for most lakes fishes really big on inland and great on Erie most days the 9.9 kicker woud let me go anywhere really

·
Catcher of Fish
2,832 Posts
Triton DV176, 17'6" x 96" wide aluminum v-hull walk-thru, 90 hp Merc, 9.9 pro-kicker, fish Erie 99.9% of the time....

1 - 18 of 18 Posts