Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious. Do you need a snubber line on a dipsy or on a jet and what's it's purpose.

Sent from my DROID RAZR

·
florida ice fishing
14,057 Posts
some people use snubbers with dipsy,s because they use braided line and it has no stretch. the snubber just gives the line a little stretch to keep the fish from pulling the hooks out. but you have guys that don't use snubbers. they say there not needed for walleyes. so its just a personal preference. I choose to use them. as for the jet divers I just don't know myself as I have never used them.
sherman

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm running mono. First time with divers so I'm' not sure of much. Is it OK to attach a weight behind the dipsy on the clip?

Sent from my DROID RAZR

·
Registered
2,453 Posts
I run my dipsys with braid and a six foot leader off the back to what ever I want to troll. I have never trolled a weight behind or in front of the dipsys the weight is built into the dipsy ,there may be guys who do this but I never had.. We were fishing 72 feet of water last week and putting dipsys 130 back on a three setting and pulling fish that I was marking at 58 feet. I am no expert in dipsy trolling but starting to use them more out east this past year. KPI

·
Registered
5,008 Posts
I'm running mono. First time with divers so I'm' not sure of much. Is it OK to attach a weight behind the dipsy on the clip?

Sent from my DROID RAZR
No. The weight will defeat the dive and plane capabilities of the dipsy. Why would you want to do this?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Ohub Campfire mobile app

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Was trying to get it to run deeper. I did find out by putting a weight behind it wouldn't allow it to dive properly. Moved it in front and the line entered the water at a steeper angle. Fished Friday first time with dipsys only caught one Walleye. 2 setting 150 back added a 3/4 oz. Weight.

Sent from my DROID RAZR

·
florida ice fishing
14,057 Posts
Was trying to get it to run deeper. I did find out by putting a weight behind it wouldn't allow it to dive properly. Moved it in front and the line entered the water at a steeper angle. Fished Friday first time with dipsys only caught one Walleye. 2 setting 150 back added a 3/4 oz. Weight.

Sent from my DROID RAZR
you don't need a weight with a dipsy. they will dive deep enough to catch fish on erie with just a no 1 dipsy.
sherman

1 - 7 of 7 Posts