Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks K Gonefishin. If you are using braid line does it make a difference? The reel I got used has Fireline on it.

·
Bit by Musky bug
8,505 Posts
thanks K Gonefishin. If you are using braid line does it make a difference? The reel I got used has Fireline on it.
In my opinion walleye never need a snubber, steelhead its personnel preference
Try with and without and check your hook up and landing ratio

·
AKA Dnavarroj
1,368 Posts
Personally, I dont use snubbers. i have lost more fish with snubbers. Havent lost as many with out snubbers. Personal preference. I catch steel head,walleye and anything that swims. lol :D

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
I always use snubbers on dipsies and have never lost a fish that I believe was because of the it. On the other hand I use power pro and fluorocarbon leader not fluorocarbon line. So there is no stretch at all and the snubber makes a big difference. Just my 2 cents.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I will give it a try both ways when I get the rest of my gear and see what produces better results. Thanks

·
Registered
11,371 Posts
I don't use snubbers but set my drag light enough to absorb the shock of a steelhead bite. Never even considered a snubber for walleye.

·
Banned
14,059 Posts
i use snubbers because I have just lost to many big hogs. it might not be the snubbers but I land more fish using them. so it gives me better piece of mind to have a snubber on.

when a big hog just bows up and stops coming in and you can feel her shaking her head it just makes me feel better knowing there is a snubber out there to take some of the shock out of those jerks. and it doesn't seem to bother the fish.
sherman

·
Registered
516 Posts
So, why use Dodgers for only Salmon? Do walleye dont respond to the additional attraction?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts