close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Snowblower - Need Advice

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by triton175, Dec 8, 2007.

1. triton175

triton175 STX 206 Viper

I had always said that I was too young to be using a snowblower. A shovel works just fine and is good exercise too. Well, after shoveling the driveway yesterday I decided "forget this, I'm getting a snowblower".
    I have no experience with blowers. What brand is good, what features should I look for, how much should I look to spend?
    Thanks in advance.
    Brian

2. "J"

"J"

I have an old Jacobson it has the rubber paddles and it seems to get more down to the cement then the neibors auger style snow blowers, althoug when it comes to throwing snow out some distance (which when you get a lot of snow comes in handy) you can't beat a 2 stage blower, but expect to pay upwards to 600-700 dollars for a good name brand one, or around400-500 for a wally world special. When it comes to these items I always like the better quality ones, less plastic parts to brake. Do some research on the good ole net.

3. NorthSouthOhioFisherman

NorthSouthOhioFisherman The Young Outdoorsman

wait till after the season you can get a walmart 5.5hp for about 400 or less. We have a lowes troy-built 5.5 and last year it was plowing 3ft. drifts. 2stage is better...

4. do the thing north/south says , I:M doing the heat wave dance right now,one snow per yr is good for me.lol

5. triton175

triton175 STX 206 Viper

Good info. Thanks guys. J that link was very helpful, thanks.
    Brian

6. A lot of people at my job, including myself, have the Toro CCR series. It's one stage and very nimble but throws more snow than one of my coworker's neighbor's 2 stage and does the job for me each winter. Very reliable as well. I think I paid $600.00 for it? Mine has the electric start as an option but I rarely use it due to the engine starting on the first 2 pulls each time.

7. freyedknot

freyedknot useless poster

even the $400.00 toro's work well ,it is a little harder if the snow is higher than the the intake part!, ( 12 inches ) but i don't live in the snowbelt either.