close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Snow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by tpet96, Dec 23, 2004.

1. tpet96

tpet96 Banned

Man. Sometimes I hate this crap. LOL. How much did you get in your neck of the woods? I'm in crawford County.....Galion to be exact. Right now we have right at 20", and it's still coming down. Level 3 snow emergency.....and my road is drifted in......so I couldn't get out if I tried. LOL. Gonna be a long day.

2. tpet96

tpet96 Banned

Come to think of it......I COULD walk to the reservoir and see if the ice is thick :D

3. crappielooker

crappielooker The Corn Chucker

we are gettin pounded by ice pellets here.. not good dood..my van is covered in ice too..

4. Not sure the exact amount here, but we have a bunch.I could not see the wheels of my car when i got up. I drive a semi, at 2 am I went to work in my car. At 3 am all of us drivers decided it was too dangerous to run, whent I went to my car to go home I could not get out of the parking lot. I had to wait a few hours until another guy going my way with a 4x4 could drop me off.

I have talked to guys who were out, and they said Columbus has no power,
    I- 70 is shut down east west of Columbus, the rest areas on US 33 are filled with trucks that cannot get out, and it takes about 5 hours to go from Wooster to Beaverdam on US 30.

Not a good day for driving.

5. bassn317

bassn317 Casual Fisherman

Luckily it's only 5 minutes away and almost all downhill. Too bad I was told the plant was closed, so I had to trek back home, but this time all uphill. Wife made it in to Doyelstown Subway where she's the morning manager. Not sure that she will have to make any sandwiches though.

Everyone be careful if you have to go out!

6. Chuck P.

Chuck P. Here We Go Steelers

I think I heard 15" here in Springfield. I can't get my car out of it's parking place. :( :(

7. skipjack11

skipjack11 retread member

We don't know the exact total yet but it is around 15" give or take a couple. My Wife is a Home Health Care Provider and I dropped her off at work around 8:00 PM and I won't be picking her up until her relief person can get through. That should give me plenty of time to clear my drive for the third time.

8. Coshocton cty,at least in my corner has been ice land!!ice about 3/4 in thick,trees crashing in the woods out back,power went off 3 times!but back on now. thank God as we have all electric? bummer!been watching state rt 60 and no traffic moving!!not even the birds!!! :eek: at least I got a half can of Maxwell House and the water aint froze,sooo drink coffee and take naps!!stay safe it aint worth it if it aint an emergency!!

9. CountryKat

CountryKat Fish On!!!

Looks like we got about 12" in Lima (Allen Co) but it's hard to tell with all the drifts. Now I gotta go shovel it. :(

10. tpet96

tpet96 Banned

The wind is really starting to pick up here. Whiteout connditions at times. In between the wind, it's snowing pretty good again. I'm gonna get my gear on and go out and take some pics here in a few.

11. bassn317

bassn317 Casual Fisherman

and it's been doing it since 6 AM! I had a lake at the bottom of my driveway and I live on a hill. I had to go out and make a channel so it will drain downhill. I have not seen any carp come flowing by yet! The rainis now turning into these big flakes that look like parachutes coming down. Well when it thunders and the temp rise to 70, then I can say I seen it all in one day, but I know thats not going to happen.

12. crappielooker

it took me 30minutes to de-ice my door enough so i can open it.. i need my side door to be open..any suggestions??

13. ShakeDown

ShakeDown OGF Staff Staff Member Admin

Buckets of hot water :)

Sounds like I'm the only one that enjoys this stuff :D I absolutely love driving in it, and I'll actually make excuses to leave the house when it gets nasty like this. My only problem is, I get cocky in 4wd...I've ditched more 4wd vehicles than 2wd's, but man do I love it.

14. tpet96

tpet96 Banned

Shake,

I love it too. Only problem: 2WD......and a road that my bumper will push snow with. LOL. Once the road is plowed.....I'll shovel the truck out and be gone. They can't keep me pinned up all day :D

15. If you have a bottle ofg rubbing alcohol, that will melt the ice on your door and will not freeze over, and it will not hurt the paint or anything. I used it last year and it really does work.

16. Darwin

Darwin If your gonna be a bear..

We live in the Ostrander area between Delaware and Marysville. Not sure how much snow we have but my sidewalk lights are on a timer. They are approximately 16-18" tall. Well lets just say they were making a nice glow from under the snow when I left this morning!!

17. shadowman

shadowman Supreme Being

all rain here in wash co. pa.................but its raining hard and supposed to change to snow later.........the temps went from 47 at 7am this morning to 36 right now at 11.40 am..................all i can say is better you than me but please be safe out there its looks mighty nasty on the tube.........oh yeah i also love the white stuff and love driving in it either 4 wh or 2 wh dosn,t matter to me...........i had a 1981 chevy citation with front wh drive..........this was a butt ugly car but would go manywhere in the snow it just didn,t matter................... :cool:

18. nottin but mud puddles and over flowin creeks in this part of Musky Co. Daughter wanted the big snow so she could go sledding I told they had several inches west of here she couldn't believe it said I was telling her a story

19. crappielooker

well..its officially sucks out there..things look good south of I70 in columbus..at least on I71.. where i live is hellish..trees falling/drooping across the road everywhere... ice city is what it looks like.. :rolleyes:
    thanks hawgdawg.... i'll have to try that tomorrow..lol..

20. When you do get out BE CAREFUL... live over of Rome-Hilliard and the roads were still a mess. Got stuck in the Wally World parking lot!!