close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Snow on ice at Mogadore

Discussion in 'Hard Water Discussions' started by crooked stripe, Jan 19, 2005.

1. crooked stripe

crooked stripe fishn and flyn

Anyone know how the snow layer is going to effect the production of ice?
    I plowed the drive today 2 times and must have cleared a total of 4+" and it is still snowing. I bought some bait today in hopes on hitting it on Friday. Didn't have a chance to drill any test holes today so I am hoping someone will let me know if they did. Most of the lake is covered today and the stress cracks are weeping water. John

2. I may go poke a test hole tomorrow AM if I can get out on time. We'll see.

3. Hey Carl, Talked to Tim today and he said we were on for friday at long lake,
    said the ice should be in great shape by then, he also asked about you and wondered were you have been. Paul and me will be there at 7 am friday for the early bite (at least we hope) Be careful out there.

4. Greg, I tried to call him, but no answer. I havea court deposition I need to give Friday AM, so that's out. I'm being sued for a car accident I wasn't involved in...whatever...

But hey man, I'll be out at Mogadore Saturday from 7AM til at least 7PM getting reaquainted with teh ice....

Later man..

5. crooked stripe

Big Daddy what part of Mogadore will you be fishin. Like to see you out there. Going to try to get down to Congress Lake Rd on Thurs to try some test holes and will post. I am off for the next 2 weeks so hope to fill the freezer with those tasty critters. Can't hurt to dream :) :) :)

6. I'll be out off Congress Lake Rd on Saturday. Should get there around 7AM or so.

7. crooked stripe

Stopped at 2:00 this afternoon. Someone beat me to drilling test holes. I poked through the skim ice and came up with 2.5 to 3". They didn't go very far out drilling test holes no more than 25' off shore. A lot of cracking going on while walking around. Should be good Sat for sure. Will check tomorrow again. John