close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Snoopy Pole Challenge :-)

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Reel Lady, Nov 14, 2004.

1. Reel Lady

Reel Lady Dreams DO come true!

Well, after taking a slight unexpected detour (we got kinda lost), we finally ended up at the long awaited Snoopy Pole Challenge :D
    $20.00 bought us not only the chance to catch our first Steelhead ever, but also provided us with some highest quality fishing tackle I have yet to experience! Rob chose a cute Scooby Doo pole, while I opted for the Barbie set-up. I thought my pole was better than his till I realized that HIS came with a mini tackle box! Then I felt jipped! Oh well, mine was prettier than his! lol
    So, here we were...9:30 AM... and BRRRRR... let me tell you folks.. it was COLD! I've never experienced knot tying in cold like this.. that was fun...mmmm hmmm.... yup... fun :D
    There were only about 10 people that had signed in. That was kind of a bummer because I was really looking forward to meeting other OGF members. Unfortunately, people were signed in under their real names, and not the names that I would know them by. Those that I did talk to were not OGF members, and to be honest, I really dont know if ANY other OGF people were there! :eek: Oh well...
    So, Rob and I made our way down the river. Scattered along the shore, and in the river were a mixture of Snoopy Pole Fishermen and "Non Snoopy Pole Fisherman" . I could only imagine what the "NON" types were thinking to see us full grown adults out there attempting to catch some potentially big fish... lol I even had one "NON" Snoopy type, (The very experienced, top of the line fishing appearal and tackle) yell over to me..."Hey, ya know, the chances of actually bringing in a Steelhead with you using the kind of pole that you are using is SLIM to NONE"... LOL.. I just laughed and told him that I USUALLY don't fish with this pole, but had a Quantum that I also fished with. After a while, I did tell him that there was this Snoopy Pole Challenge going on, but, it was really funny to watch him watching me knowing that he thought that I was "seriously" fishing with this pole out of choice, and not necessity. Maybe you had to have been there to think it was funny, but trust me... the look on his face was priceless. :D
    So, after 3 hours of fishing the challenge ended. Meanwhile, with about 2 minutes to go, Worm Drowner said to his friend who was fishing right next to him that "This is my last cast, and then I am done". After his cast, he sees this fish jump up out of the water, only to realize very quickly that this fish was actually on the end of HIS line! He was shocked...but still managed to bring this baby in using his newly aquired kiddie pole! (It was 18") So, to answer your question... Yes.. It IS possible to catch a fish on these Rod/Reel Combos! Immediately after his catch, the challenge ended and most of us gathered at the pavillion to share stories and eat hotdogs.
    We were sharing stories of "things that were on all of our Wish Lists". One of mine was an underwater camera. Well, it was quickly brought to my attention that one of the attendees had one for sale. Man oh man.. this was my lucky day! He wanted 200.00 for it. I offered him 150.00. He counter offered at 175.00. and it was S-O-L-D! It's an aquaview that also has a built in radio. This was seriously my lucky day... well, not so much in the "fish" department.. but lucky it was! I am so excited to use it...so... how much longer till spring???? LOL
    I really am hoping that next year there will be some more OGF'ers participating. That would have definitely made it alot more fun.
    Happy Fishing!
    Marcia
    [​IMG]

2. crappielooker

crappielooker The Corn Chucker

that is too funny... you even dress to match the barbie color.. :p
    now that you bought an aquaview, you'll never want to fish again.. i know i can sit there for hours watching.. and that's a heck of a bargain..

3. Reel Lady

Mr. Bill Triton brought his with us when the 3 of us went to Presque Isle. It was truly amazing to see these fish, in their habitat, doing what they like to do. LOL...I've never been accused of having "voyouristic" tendencies, but I suppose in this case... I LOVE being a Voyour! :D

4. Thanks For The Story. Wish I Could Have Made It. Do You Happen To Know What The Biggest Fish Caught Was?

5. Reel Lady

LOL.. you mean the "ONLY" fish caught? :D
    It was an 18" beauty. Here is a pic of the winner (Worm Drowner) with his catch. By the way, he caught this with about 2 minutes left in the challenge. It literally was his last cast.
    [​IMG]