Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know where I can get info on snelling hooks for worm harnesses? My dad said shortdrift posted some instructions on here before, But I cant find them, and need something with pictures. Going to start making up my own Walleye rigs....

·
Registered
159 Posts
Ducknut,

The post that you are seeking is under the Lake Erie Reports and in there under Walleye Techniques. Shortdrift explains how he ties the snells he makes and has some pictures of them.

Darryl

·
Registered
11,400 Posts
C'mon over and we can ty up some for you. If you need material, we can hit Rodmakers as they are open until 8PM on a few evenings. :)

·
officially unofficial!!!!
2,536 Posts
ducknut,when you buy the supplies for making harnesses take a look at the clevises that allow you to change the blades.it makes your harnesses alot more versitle.making your own harnesses can become addicting.i've got 1 large flat plano box that i keep all of my supplies in.making your own will save you some money and it's reallly rewarding when you catch walleye on something you've made yourself.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys. I bought a bunch of stuff last night. Shortdrift, I am going to try to make it over this week. Things have been getting pretty busy.

·
Registered
11,400 Posts
Just call befor you come over to make sure I'm not out trying to catch something.

·
Registered
28 Posts
but I use the whip finish snell knot because it's a lot easier to use and very secure if you push the line up against the hook eye when your done!!! The surgeons loop knot is also easier to tie if you use a bead to make your two overhand knots...my 2 cents

1 - 9 of 9 Posts