close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Snelled hooks

Discussion in 'Tackle Talk' started by Ducknut, May 17, 2004.

1. Ducknut

Ducknut Duck Enemy #1

Anyone know where I can get info on snelling hooks for worm harnesses? My dad said shortdrift posted some instructions on here before, But I cant find them, and need something with pictures. Going to start making up my own Walleye rigs....

2. Ducknut,

The post that you are seeking is under the Lake Erie Reports and in there under Walleye Techniques. Shortdrift explains how he ties the snells he makes and has some pictures of them.

Darryl

3. C'mon over and we can ty up some for you. If you need material, we can hit Rodmakers as they are open until 8PM on a few evenings. :)

4. jeffmo

jeffmo officially unofficial!!!!

ducknut,when you buy the supplies for making harnesses take a look at the clevises that allow you to change the blades.it makes your harnesses alot more versitle.making your own harnesses can become addicting.i've got 1 large flat plano box that i keep all of my supplies in.making your own will save you some money and it's reallly rewarding when you catch walleye on something you've made yourself.

5. Ducknut

Ducknut Duck Enemy #1

Thanks guys. I bought a bunch of stuff last night. Shortdrift, I am going to try to make it over this week. Things have been getting pretty busy.

6. Just call befor you come over to make sure I'm not out trying to catch something.

7. The knots you need are here: http://www.outdoorsite.com/knots/knot7.cfm
    Use the uni knot for snelling and the surgeons loop for you end loop.
    Make sure you scroll down to the uni knot system to see the hook snelling diagrams. The uni knot is a killer multi purpose knot.

8. katfishmcgraw

katfishmcgraw aficianado

but I use the whip finish snell knot because it's a lot easier to use and very secure if you push the line up against the hook eye when your done!!! The surgeons loop knot is also easier to tie if you use a bead to make your two overhand knots...my 2 cents

9. katfishmcgraw

katfishmcgraw aficianado

also use the uniknot to make float stops on some harnesses