Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Bag'em and Tag'em
939 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 2 snappers in my small pond I need to take out. I am concerned about my gold fish. If they are not already smoked. Any tips? I tried jugging them with shrimp but no avail. I know season doesn't come in till July but I will relocate them if i get them. They are making a mess in my flower bed. Hell the pond is only about 20'x20'. Should be easy right.. and BTW fish are expensive..

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
Get a cage trap and hang some road kill in it.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Get some old meat out of the freezer let it sit in the sun for a day or two. Get a piece of rebar pound it in the ground and tie a hook on the line and threw it in. I use decoy string for when I turtle trap seems like they don’t break it off.

·
2,081 Posts
Get some old meat out of the freezer let it sit in the sun for a day or two. Get a piece of rebar pound it in the ground and tie a hook on the line and threw it in. I use decoy string for when I turtle trap seems like they don’t break it off.

You do that and the turtle will more than likely be hooked deep in the throat, very good chance it's a dead turtle in a few days....

·
Banned
14,059 Posts
chicken gizzards or beef liver is good turtle bait, do as instructed above, drive a rod deep is the ground tie your line to it, use a float on one line another on the bottom. you must use strong hooks and line. if the turtle gets hooked deep just cut line close to hook and leave it be.

·
On the back 9 and loving it!
9,845 Posts
That otter was badass!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts