Ohio Game Fishing banner
21 - 21 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
9,999 Posts
I have them in my pond( willing to bet Every pond more than 6 mos. old has some)!! They come out into my yard and prefer the adjacent farm fields to dig a hole,lay their eggs(usually tilled, easier digging!) I Catch at least two every year in my yard around early to mid summer. My dog finds them and runs them dizzy in circles barking while the turtles try to bite her! Found a newly hatched baby abt an inch and a half round in the grass abt a month ago(same bad disposition/mean as a big one, and will bite you-or a kid wanting to "play" with them!!) I was working on my truck, uphill from the pond, in my driveway few weeks back and almost stepped on a ten #er!! That wouldn't have been good for me!! I take them off to an isolated pond in a field down the road in a tub or big bucket. Must have taken 50-60 for a ride in my 30 years of pond ownership! And no, I don't eat those stinkin', nasty thangs!:)

21 - 21 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.