close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Snapped my StCroix!

Discussion in 'Tackle Talk' started by Biodude, May 9, 2005.

1. I recieved a beautiful St Croix premier spinning rod as a Christmas present. Well, wouldn't you know it, I snapped the tip off when I was fishing this weekend. I know they have a 2 year warranty, but Idon't have a receipt (since I didn't) buy it and never got around to registering it. Except for the tip... the thing is in reality brand new. Does anyone know how I go about sending this back to the manufacturer? Or how much I send for return shippping? Your help is greatly appreciated!!!

2. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon Hangin' With My Gnomies

go to their webs ite. I've never had problems w/ St Croix when we sold them, however the warranty used to be rock solid, I've been out of th ebusiness for close to 10 years though.

3. Whaler

Whaler Whaler

Biodude, how did you snap it off?

4. My Buddy Just Sent His Back.he Got Another 1 Within 10 Days

5. mrfishohio

mrfishohio Recovering Fishaholic

Call the 800 service number and tell them, they will take care of it. Did the tip just come off or is it snapped off ? If it simply came off & got lost all you need is a new tip. That would cost less than paying shipping to send the whole blank back to St. Croix.

6. Check out their webpage and send them an email or call. They reply to emails quickly. A couple of years ago I sent back a 2 piece Premier that had broken where the two pieces fit together. This rod was way out of warrenty and they still replaced it for me (this is one reason I'm a big fan of their rods; they've treated me better than they had to). I forget what shipping cost but they told me how much to send in their email response. I got the replacement rod quickly too. I had never sent in the warrenty registration for that rod nor did I have a receipt but they replaced it anyway.

Steve

7. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon Hangin' With My Gnomies

Here is what I'd do: Be Honest.

If you broke it trying to pull a snag out, or in car door, dont tell them it broke on a fish. That's advice I got from a rep either from a St Croix supplier. We were talking about how the warranty on their rods is different that it used to be, he said be honest & you'll be taken care of. (I had a St Croix that broke right at the tip, my own fault) I would have sent it back, but I just had it replaced and taken down an inch or two.

8. Funny I was about to make a post about a Pfluger president ultralight that I broke this past weekend.After calling them they said mail it back with a check For $6.50 and I will get a new one.It would have been free except it was a birthday present and i don't have the receipt.So far it seems like a great reel 10 ball bearings!

9. Broke it on a snag. Thanks for the replies folks!

10. sowbelly101

sowbelly101 Keep'n It Reel

I broke a Premier that was 5 years old and asked them if I could buy a new top section. They told me to mail it to them and they would send me a new one. After I got it back, new rod that is I wrote them a thank you letter. A few days later I got a thank you from them.. On another instance I broke a rod that was about 2 days old, they said take it back to the store and if they wont exchange it have the store call them and they would have the store replace it. The store ended up exchanging it for me so I didnt go a day without the rod.

Sowbelly