close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Snap-On Toolbox

Discussion in 'OGF Marketplace' started by Fishyguy, Jun 18, 2005.

1. Fishyguy

Fishyguy Crazy Catman

0   0   0

I got a snap-on tool box for sale. Very good condition. Almost looks brand new. It is red. Top, bottom and side box included. Also included is a snap-on cover for the box. I paid almost 5,000. for it. Selling it for 3,000.
    Having trouble with the pictures. If you are seriously interrested PM, and I will try to send the pictures to you in e-mail. I will try to get them up here as well.

2. Fishyguy

Fishyguy Crazy Catman

0   0   0

There ya have it.

3. ARGEE

ARGEE

0   0   0

How Many Tools Come With It?

4. Fishyguy

Fishyguy Crazy Catman

0   0   0

NONE. For 3,000. believe it or not I am getting ripped as it is. But, I will be listing some of the ones I don't need later on. The cover alone cost me 300.00 if I remember correctly. I will however throw in a snap-on sticker..... :)

5. Fishyguy

Fishyguy Crazy Catman

0   0   0

BUMP, still for sale. Also going to be listing some tools and a 1993 chevy lumina soon.

6. Fishyguy

Fishyguy Crazy Catman

0   0   0

If anyone out there knows a car mechanic please tell them about this post, I know alot of car mechanics like snap-on boxes and this box cost almost 5000.00 new. The Lumina I mentioned above is for sale, not really in a hurry to sell it, so I havent really thought about price too much.The low end on Kellys Bluebook is 1200.00 so I am thinking 1000.00 sounds about right. Runs fine, few minor irritable things about it thats why I say 1000.00
    Has a oil leak, which I was told if from a small seal somewhere. Havent looked into it yet, but I was told it cost about 3.00 for the seal and about 1/2 hour to do. Hood cable is broke inside car, so I have just been grabbing cable with vise grips to pop hood.

7. Fishyguy

Fishyguy Crazy Catman

0   0   0

price reduced to 2,500.

8. WINNER

WINNER I hate Cleveland.

0   0   0

Hate to bea smart A@#, but why should I buy your box when I can go to Sears and buy a high end model from them for $700?

Sounds like snapon has a pretty good racket going. My buddy bought a similar box from them and he is behind onthe payments? Come on! :(

Winner

9. MAKtackle

MAKtackle your REEL friend

0   0   0

Winner, You have to compare apples to apples. In fishing terms its like an Ugly Stick to a G-Loomis. Hunting it's like a Mossberg to a Benelli. Or simplier even yet, when you were a kid and Mom used to take you to K-Mart and get those $9.00 sneakers that used to click when you walked and everyone else had Nike... Being a Auto Tech for 20+ yrs. believe me, there is a diff.

10. DaleM

DaleM Original OGF Staff Member

0   0   0

There is a BIG BIG difference. That box is a top of the line box. I have a sears best and love it, but if your business means making a living with tools that box is what you want. I have a snap on tool box here that was my father in laws that is 35 years old. Other than being old and dirty it still works like a new one. Mak is right don't compare a pair of k-mart sneaklers to Nike shoes.

11. NUM1FIRE

NUM1FIRE FIREFIGHTER/1ST RESPONDER

0   0   0

sounds like someone was being a smart butt or just wanting to ruffle some feathers just my opinion there is a difference in tool boxes. if it has roller bearing drawers or not like maktackle said it is like comparing apples to oranges

12. captnroger

captnroger OGF Webmaster

0   0   0

winner - READ THE MARKETPLACE RULES. Do not thread crap - if you do not have something constructive to say about the sale then please refrain from posting.

13. Fishyguy

Fishyguy Crazy Catman

0   0   0

Winner your a fool if you think craftsman boxes even compare to snap-on boxes. So to answer you, don't buy it, stay with your garbage craftsman because you dont know what a good box is. Put it to you this way my box empty weighs way more than you craftsman junk does full, that I guaruntee. I have been trying to figure out which neighbors will have to help me lift the boxes into the truck of whoever buys it. I used a forklift to load it at work. By the way, open one of your draws on your craftsman box and stand on it. When you bend the crap out of it, buy a new "top of the line" box. Then stop by my house and open one of the draws on my snap-on and jump up and down on it, then close the drawer and go home. Thanks to those of you who didn't ruin my post. So anyways, anyone interrested?

14. Fishyguy

Fishyguy Crazy Catman

0   0   0

oh and as for your buddy, if he is behind on his payments he had no business buying a real box in the first place........C"MON

15. Fishyguy

Fishyguy Crazy Catman

0   0   0

Oh and sorry capt for my response, but I had too. I am trying to sell something, I had to defend my item. Thanks for your post explaining rules, I appreciate it.

16. DaleM

DaleM Original OGF Staff Member

0   0   0

Winner, I think you get the idea. Fishyguy I understand what you are doing but we don't want to see an argument start either. A simple re-post would have been fine, I don't see the need to be so harsh. For those of us that know a good product there isn't a problem. You have to remember most people don't have a need for such a tool box. Those of that do, know quality. Craftsman does make a good box for the average person and the mechanic that want a good cheap box. They must, because they sell millions every year. They are in no way the quality the snap on or mac boxes are but a good product for the average person. ( :D and a whole lot cheaper , cost wise also). Good luck selling it too.
    For those of you that want to respond, please don't start arguing about which is better or worse. If you are interested reply, if you are not please read then move on. THANKS FOR UNDERSTANDING.

17. WINNER

WINNER I hate Cleveland.

0   0   0

Thanks for clearing that up. Good luck with your sale.

Winner

18. Fishyguy

Fishyguy Crazy Catman

0   0   0

Well I had a Ebay buyer who backed out and screwed me. I got to get rid of this soon. I am listing it on Ebay once more will drop it a little lower for OGF members. 2,200 is as low as I go. Well worth it. Less than half of new cost plus it has drawer liners and full cover with it. Can't beat it. PM or e-mail me if interrested.

19. getinjiggy

getinjiggy

0   0   0

You get what you pay for. Snap-on is top of the line. I paid well over 7 grand for my first box back in the day.Go to sears or walmart