close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

snakes

Discussion in 'Central Ohio Fishing Reports' started by brideout, Jun 21, 2007.

1. Lol i think I was a snake in a former life because every dang time I go fishings I attract them. I got corned on a small rock pile while wading yesterday. Saturday I was fishing with the future father in-law at his farm pond and a snake came to the surface jsut in front of me and we looked at each other for a few then he disappeared. I have ran into them at least 15 times this year. Its seems like its alot more than I have expirenced in the past. By the way on the pond I caught 4 bass biggest one going about 14inches and a monster bluegill. Didn't have a camera with me it was a spur of the moment trip while the women were getting the food together for the father's day cookout.

Rideout

2. fishinking

fishinking G0 Bucks!

At Hoover in the past i have encountered snakes mostly in the Oxbow rd. area even in trees at some of my favorite crappie holes on hoover and for some reason they don't get spooked, sometimes you have to make them go away

3. i was fishing at one of my dads friends farm ponds yesturday and we took his canoe out and we got to our spot and down on the bottom was a snake right by my tacklebox. Scared the @$#& out of us.

4. Man I fish hoover and ponds and haven't seen a snake this year. They are probably around me and I didn't notice. If they are not on top of the water or in the boat then I wouldn't see em.

5. BrianC

BrianC Bass Angling Guru

If I look down in the boat I am in and see a snake, I'm overboard IMMEDIATELY!

6. sevenx

sevenx "I sat by the river" N.Mc

I have seen several snakes this year on the little miami river down here. I see at least 3 or 4 every time out. I can't recall ever seeing that many snakes before. I used to one or two a season maybe 4 at the most. Not sure if its the low water or if the water is just getting better quality or what. Glad to see them out and about again, I can remember going creekin as a kid and seeing snakes all over the place of all shapes and sizes. One day we must have seen 100 snakes in the creek it was insane. they were in the water on the bank in bush's along the pools. I to this day have not seen anything like it again. Went back down the next day to take pictures and we only saw a couple. It was crazy. Anyway I am glad to see more snakes because by my way of thinking it got to be a better, cleaner living environmet that is a contributing factor. Any other opinions on this subject. S

7. fugarwi7

fugarwi7 Lumberjack

On one of my trips to our cabin in Canada I awoke from one of the bunk beds, which abutted an interior log partion wall, with five snakes coiled up between the logs at bed height. They were literally one foot from my face! I let out a war-hoop that could have been heard in Ohio and landed about four feet from the bed. Talk about getting out of bed in a hurry!! :eek:

Turned out to be harmless garters, but from a dead, drunken sleep it scared the sh*t out of me. The next night I pulled the bed a few feet away from the wall for a little piece of mind! Oh yeah, I drank even more that night! :D :D

8. i seen a whole bunch at hoover, almost everytime ive been out