close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Snakes and smallies

Discussion in 'Central Ohio Fishing Reports' started by Basskisser1, May 28, 2007.

1. Basskisser1

Basskisser1 And A Kiss For Good Luck!

We hit our favorite stretch of river Sunday. It seems a lot of our good smallmouth spots are also favorite places for snakes to hang out. Yersterday I ended up spotting 5 different snakes, some bigger than others. The biggest one was sitting in a tree overhanging the water. None of them were afraid of us and didn't want to leave the area. Mr. BK was able to take a couple of good pics.
    The smallies were hitting pretty good. Between 3 of us we caught close to 50. The biggest running 16 1/4 inches, with several nice 14 inchers included. They were hitting flukes, tubes and a crankbait. I didn't have much luck on fluke until I tried my pretty pink bubblegum fluke. It's the first time I caught smallies on bubblegum color.

Here are the pics.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Bubba bass bigfoot

Bubba bass bigfoot Lucky Fisher, or skilled?

did better than me. between me and my dad we only got about 10 smallies in 2 days. we tried some new areas and well their not the best. alot of snakes also.

3. FishJunky

FishJunky AEP Tuber Association

Great day of fishing. Congrats. What kind of snakes were they??

4. Basskisser1

Basskisser1 And A Kiss For Good Luck!

Northern Water Snakes....

A couple of them had pretty thick bodies.

5. That snake in the tree reminds me of one time when I was really young my father and I were fishing a creek, as we were headed out I was just walking along when I glanced up and a green snake(dont know what kind) was hanging out of a branch right in my face(or so it seemed to a 10yr old) I hollered and didnt stop running for quite some time:D I will never forget that day..that and my father laughing at me, congrats on the good day out and about.

6. littleking

littleking Crossing Lines LIKE A PRO

great looking pics! tell Mr BK that bird season is just around the corner