close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Smartcasts Are Junk

Discussion in 'Tackle Talk' started by fishing_marshall, Apr 12, 2005.

1. I sent back my 2nd smartcast yesterday. Both of the ones i've had quit working after not even an hour of use. Both of them wouldn't even turn on. This time i'm getting my money back and not getting another one.

2. I just bought my 3rd battery in 2 years($3). I must have got a good one. Still loving it.

3. No they are not - I suggest operator error. Smartcasts don't have a huge range and don't work well in cold water. Both of which they tell you up front. When I use mine in cold water (under 50) I try to warm it up between casts. They work great under 100 feet and in warmer water IMO. Great for use in small streams/ rivers to see how deep holes are and in ponds / along lake shorelines.

4. It would work good one day and then the next day it wouldn't even turn on. I used it in cold water and like you said warmed it up and it worked pretty good. The other day it wouldn't even turn on just like the one i sent back before.

5. basstrackerman

basstrackerman marshall

mine works great!! love it. got the new one that mounts on your rod due to being 150' range instead of 100' like the rest. i keep mine in my wading pack.take it with my everywhere. oh yeah, it has water temp and time and date too.