close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Smallmouths below Meldahl?

Discussion in 'Ohio River Fishing Reports' started by BANDIT, Jun 6, 2004.

1. Anyone had any luck catching any smallies below Medahl this year? Been there twice all the way from the dam to the New Richmond without a single smallie. Lots of spots and wipers but no smallies, haven't been since water started back down from this rain but hopefully will get to go again next weekend. Don't need locations but some lure choices may help the next trip. Thanks. ;)

2. You don't have to tell me the bait you're using just if you are or are not catching any smallies... :cool: I know somebody on this site has to fish for smallies on the Big O since it is probably the best BASS water in South Western Ohio.......

3. Bandit:

Sorry I can't help! Haven't been to the Big 'O' this year.....water to high for me.

Hope it is getting a little more stable.....my biggest (1999) was 5 1/2 pounder a little farther down the river from where you're talking about.

I agree......excellent Bass Water.

Oldfox1939

4. Procraftboats21

Procraftboats21 Original OGF Member

the new cumberland pool is really dead right now for smallmouth, our local bass club is only taking just a 12'' keeper to win most nights. when last year it was common to catch your limit it 15 mins.