close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Smallmouth Hittin' in the Hocking River Report...

Discussion in 'Southeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by JignPig Guide, Aug 2, 2008.

1. JignPig Guide

JignPig Guide Fishing Guide

My brother-in-law and me hit the Hocking River this morning. We put in at Clear Creek Rd. and fished to near Enterprise. We didn't do as well as he (without me) did last Sunday morning. But we sure did get into a nice batch of them though.
    He was using live night crawlers and letting them drift with the current. He slaughtered the Rockbass & Bluegill. He also caught about a dozen or more small sized Smallmouth Bass.
    I was pitching: tubes, crankbaits, jigntwistertails, and jigntubes, and my old standard... the JignPig. I caught about a half dozen Rockbass and about as many Smallmouth. I caught the only two smallmouth bass fish over 16-inches. Here is one pictured. It barely measured 16-inches. I didn't weigh it.

Attached Files:

2. RiverWader

RiverWader Cottontail Mafia

We waded about 2 miles yesterday and ended up with 17 total Smallies biggest was 19 inches, Woulda had pics but had to cut trip short due to hook in the finger .

3. Mushijobah

Mushijobah Urban Angler

That stretch is awesome! I usually hit Clear Creek along with that section for smallies and trout!

4. JignPig Guide

JignPig Guide Fishing Guide

Oh, the ole hook in the finger trips do it all the time. Sorry to hear about that. But I will say, maybe I would be willing to put a hook in my finger for a little ways if I could catch some 19-incher smallmouth! LOL But maybe not too far. LOL

5. kmjschulz

kmjschulz Athens County Member

I hit her up yesterday too and man were they hitting on the Sassy Shad. I don't fish as far up the river as you guys but i think between athens and nelsonville is underrated, i caught a 17 inch there yesterday.