Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm new to the NKY area and would like to find some creeks/rivers that are around Cincinnati. I'm a teacher and do not have school Friday so would like to then.

Thanks for your help

·
Banned
1,619 Posts
google earth pick some spots and go explore. It is the best way to find fishing spots. That is the way everyone on here pretty much finds their fishing spots.

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
Welcome! You probably won't get a whole lot of help for the creeks. The reason for that is a lot of the local creeks have a limited amount of holes and people who fish them don't want them to get blown up. Just across the Ohio, you've got the Little Miami River (LMR), Great Miami River (GMR) and Whitewater River (WWR). Get on Google Earth and start scouting out spots on these rivers. Good Luck.

·
AKA: JetboatJohnny
835 Posts
You also have the Licking River in NKY. That has some good fish in it and parts of it are very wadeable.

Most any creek that is connected to the big O will have fish in it too.

·
Micropterus dolomieu
753 Posts
what are the best fishing spots for hybrids? :cool:

·
HouseTackle
2,054 Posts
You also have the Licking River in NKY. That has some good fish in it and parts of it are very wadeable.

Most any creek that is connected to the big O will have fish in it too.
Isn't the Licking River Kentucky's equivalent to our LMR or GMR? I've always wanted to fish it but never made the trip.

·
Registered
759 Posts
Isn't the Licking River Kentucky's equivalent to our LMR or GMR? I've always wanted to fish it but never made the trip.
I heard the Licking River has some MONSTER HYBRIDS. I just dont want to buy a KY fishing L's.

·
HouseTackle
2,054 Posts
I heard the Licking River has some MONSTER HYBRIDS. I just dont want to buy a KY fishing L's.
I've got one, I'm just too lazy to drive over there lol :) Does anyone on here ever kayak the Licking? I'd be interested in swapping trips or trading info for some Ohio tribs.

·
AKA: JetboatJohnny
835 Posts
I've got one, I'm just too lazy to drive over there lol :) Does anyone on here ever kayak the Licking? I'd be interested in swapping trips or trading info for some Ohio tribs.

I used work in KY right next to the licking and I ate lunch at the park everyday and would see lots of striper action in the river.

·
Registered
157 Posts
The Licking is ok but I drive to OH to fish the big three before I head to the Licking if that tells you anything. Its just not the same kind of river if that makes any sense. My opinion might be a little different than others though because I'm always looking for smallies.

·
Hopelessly Hooked
1,375 Posts
Someone mentioned Google earth, just yesterday was searching skinny water creeks for potential small mouth fishing, the only trouble is that the views are when the trees are in leaf, so it makes it hard to see the water, I was wondering if there is a winter view option on Goggle earth or any other site of its type?

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
Someone mentioned Google earth, just yesterday was searching skinny water creeks for potential small mouth fishing, the only trouble is that the views are when the trees are in leaf, so it makes it hard to see the water, I was wondering if there is a winter view option on Goggle earth or any other site of its type?
try bing maps, i think some of there views are during the fall/winter and you dont see as many leaves on the trees. go to the birds eye view.

·
HouseTackle
2,054 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Didn't go too well, tried some spots around Milford but couldn't wade to good spots. May try again.

I know no one wants to give up spots but if anyone wants to just pm me and point me in the right direction it would be greatly appreciated.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts