Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Cowboy Charters
1,665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone been out lately? Just wondering if anyone is catching anything lately. If so, where abouts are they hanging out?

Anyone fish Ruggles lately?

I fished the Kelley's Island area on Sunday and ended up with about 10 fish but nothing real big. Biggest was 3.1.

I have people coming up from out of town that have never fished Lake Erie before and just want to be able to put them on some fish.

·
KrustyDawg
2,632 Posts
Anyone been out lately? Just wondering if anyone is catching anything lately. If so, where abouts are they hanging out?

Anyone fish Ruggles lately?

I fished the Kelley's Island area on Sunday and ended up with about 10 fish but nothing real big. Biggest was 3.1.

I have people coming up from out of town that have never fished Lake Erie before and just want to be able to put them on some fish.
Rutty,
I don't target smallies but I catch several a year trolling for eyes in the Ruggles area. Caught one Monday evening over 6lbs. trolling a 1/4 oz. Hot N Tot, flatlined 100 ft. back in 21 fow just west of Cranberry Creek. Like I said I don't target them but over the last several years I don't think I have caught a smallmouth less than 4 lbs. off Ruggles, there are some real brutes in there ! Give Woody a call over at Cranberry or check out his website, he will give you the latest report from the guys that specifically target them. Good luck.

http://cranberrycreekmarina.com/phpbb/viewforum.php?f=8&sid=c3e520714a0b997cf2d419284d007a99

·
Cowboy Charters
1,665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Where are all the bass guys at? Or doesn't anyone want to share information this time of year for the smallmouth.

Thanks for the info krusty!

·
Frog This
344 Posts
I haven't been out lately, but I was getting some nice fish around Vermillion and Geneva drop shot in 18 ft

·
Registered
50 Posts
Rutty,
I don't target smallies but I catch several a year trolling for eyes in the Ruggles area. Caught one Monday evening over 6lbs. trolling a 1/4 oz. Hot N Tot, flatlined 100 ft. back in 21 fow just west of Cranberry Creek. Like I said I don't target them but over the last several years I don't think I have caught a smallmouth less than 4 lbs. off Ruggles, there are some real brutes in there ! Give Woody a call over at Cranberry or check out his website, he will give you the latest report from the guys that specifically target them. Good luck.

http://cranberrycreekmarina.com/phpbb/viewforum.php?f=8&sid=c3e520714a0b997cf2d419284d007a99
my family and i went to lake erie a month ago for a walleye trip...we caught more smallies than i could count...i reeled in a 9" and a 7". my dad brought in a 13"largemouth too....but we were about 4 miles out

1 - 5 of 5 Posts