close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Smallmouth Bass

Discussion in 'Bass Discussions' started by rutty, Jul 18, 2007.

1. rutty

rutty Cowboy Charters

Anyone been out lately? Just wondering if anyone is catching anything lately. If so, where abouts are they hanging out?

Anyone fish Ruggles lately?

I fished the Kelley's Island area on Sunday and ended up with about 10 fish but nothing real big. Biggest was 3.1.

I have people coming up from out of town that have never fished Lake Erie before and just want to be able to put them on some fish.

2. krustydawg

krustydawg KrustyDawg

Rutty,
    I don't target smallies but I catch several a year trolling for eyes in the Ruggles area. Caught one Monday evening over 6lbs. trolling a 1/4 oz. Hot N Tot, flatlined 100 ft. back in 21 fow just west of Cranberry Creek. Like I said I don't target them but over the last several years I don't think I have caught a smallmouth less than 4 lbs. off Ruggles, there are some real brutes in there ! Give Woody a call over at Cranberry or check out his website, he will give you the latest report from the guys that specifically target them. Good luck.

http://cranberrycreekmarina.com/phpbb/viewforum.php?f=8&sid=c3e520714a0b997cf2d419284d007a99

3. rutty

rutty Cowboy Charters

Where are all the bass guys at? Or doesn't anyone want to share information this time of year for the smallmouth.

Thanks for the info krusty!

4. Bassboy883

Bassboy883 Frog This

I haven't been out lately, but I was getting some nice fish around Vermillion and Geneva drop shot in 18 ft

5. monsterseeker06

monsterseeker06 fisherman for life

my family and i went to lake erie a month ago for a walleye trip...we caught more smallies than i could count...i reeled in a 9" and a 7". my dad brought in a 13"largemouth too....but we were about 4 miles out