Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got out on Brookville on Friday and the summer patterns are in full swing. Smallies (with plenty of nice white bass too) were hunting in packs, driving the bait fish to the surface and gorging themselves! Wished I had taken the time to video some of the attacks, there was one time they were churning the water in a feeding frenzy in a boil that was a good 15 yards in diameter.... Caught a lot in the 1-2 lb range, had one nice one in the 4-5 lb range come up and flash on a jerkbait but didn't get her to bite.

Attachments

·
Registered
136 Posts
Great post and sounded like a blast. Nothing better than when they're exploding on top. Use a Popper at all?? Also those are some great looking smallies too, really good coloration on them

·
Hopelessly Hooked
1,376 Posts
Nice catch, I should of fished further West Friday, it looks like the water was fairly clear for all the rain we have had

·
Registered
6,738 Posts
VERY nice on the smallies man!! And way to go on figuring out their patterns and goin after em...well done

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Most were caught on jerkbaits, some on bomber crank and one or two on pop-r's (was kicking myself for not packing a zara spook). I couldn't get bit dragging anything on the bottom, pretty much had to catch them when they were up and bustin'

1 - 9 of 9 Posts