smallies near akron

Discussion in 'Northeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by castmaster00, Apr 16, 2008.

1. castmaster00

castmaster00 very avid fisherman

anyone know of some kick awesome smallie fishin round akron at this time of the year.

2. Skinny water in the Cuyahoga should be prety good, although pint sized fish is the standard.

3. Springfield Lake then Lake Milton or Berlin.

4. Hit the Hoga, its non stop action there with smallies.

5. smallieguy

smallieguy Smallmouth Please

Its not real close to Akron but pymatuning is a great lake for smallies.
    Yes its just as far as erie but you can fish it on days you can't get on
    erie.

6. Definitely the cuyahoga would be my first choice. Hydra lures won't work there tho, try a shallow crankbait or a white rooster tail.

Scott

7. castmaster00

oh haha very funny. did you actually try the hydra lures there? they work pretty good. i caught a bunch of goldfish out of my unc's pond. really big ones too.

8. No, I never really tried them there just having a little fun with you. I have tried other plastics tho and have never done much good with them in the hoga the shallow cranks should be the answer.

Scott

9. castmaster00

i understand. ill be sue to try it. thnx

10. I have a lot of luck with jigging 3 inch tubes on the 'Hoga for smallies.

11. castmaster00

my friend lives by a river and he says that he catches a lot of carp and crappie. does that sound like the hoga to you?

12. I've caught some carp in there but have personally never caught a crappie. You might be a little more specific on where your friend lives.

Scott