close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

smallies great day on the mighty hoga

Discussion in 'Northeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by smallie, Jun 22, 2008.

1. smallie

smallie smallmouth icon

me and my friend decided to go to portage lakes for some shore action. hit turkeyfoot and caught numerous gills and pumpkinseeds. next we went to the dam i think at nimisilla was throwing out texas rigged worms and lizards off the slanted concrete sides of the dam. only managed 1 bucketmouth hook up and as i got him to shore he decided to spit the hook out at me. so we went to the ole stompin grounds on the mighty hoga. the first and only spot we fished i landed 6 fish within 15 casts. here is the rundown.
    fish #1- largemouth 4 lbs.
    fish #2- largemouth 2.5 lbs
    fish#3-smallie
    fish#4- smallie
    fish#5- smallie
    fish#6- smallie

all fish were taken on silver/black shadrap off of shoreline wood wading. i had another good hookup but whatever it was it snapped me off like nothing, i didn't even get a good look at it.

2. creekcrawler

creekcrawler Konfused Kayaker

I'm guessing you were pretty far upstream. I checked the lower stretches early
    Sunday morning and they were blown out completely...

3. Pole Squeezer

Pole Squeezer fishfinder1

Where were you wading on the "hoga"? Or is it a secret? I waded the waterworks area, only a small crappie to show.

4. smallie

smallie smallmouth icon

nope, your both wrong. it was on saturday the 21 st. i won't say where exactly, but, it was between the independence rd bridge and wilson feed mill. it was a truly awesome day and i think i know where big largemouths hang out. the week previously we were hittin them on a 4 in black worm with a slider head. CREEKCRAWLER, AS A FELLOW RIVER RAT I KNOW YOU FISHED THIS AREA PROBABLY 100 TIMES.

5. creekcrawler

creekcrawler Konfused Kayaker

Hmmmm. (head scratching....)

Well, you threw me off. I thought you meant sunday.
    Nice fish, I don't catch many largemouth down there.
    I'm guessing you found some slower, deeper water for the
    largemouths?

Hmmmmmm. All I gotta do now is figure out what kinda car your driving.....

:p :B