close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

smallies are back & hungry.

Discussion in 'Southwest Ohio Fishing Reports' started by catfishhunter001, Jul 21, 2004.

1. catfishhunter001

catfishhunter001 The Natural

My favorite smallie creek has been full of carp 3 to 20lbs and not a smallie in sight.untill today . The water was low and bareley moving I was using what i allways do green yumm tube crawl. and man, as soon as it would hit the water they would explode on it and knock it back into the air before grabbing it.I was there for three hrs and caught/released 57 smallies in a 1/4 mile strech of water they were mostley between 2-4lbs some around 1-1.5 . 4.3 was the biggest today.I was wondering is it possable for creek smallies to become overpopulated in a small creek because the bottom of the creek was coverd with smallies and the bigger ones had sores on there sides.(may be from the spawn but looked more like paricitic scares and raised red bumps.)... I did loose one that was an easy 5.5-6lbs she broke my line.and i could see more same size or bigger laying around the bottom but not hitting. I think they new what was up.... catfishhunter001 out. :D

2. wow, u lucky dog. smallies are great to catch like that. went to st. clair last year but wasn't quite that good but close :) :) shhh...don't tell anyone :) Rich

3. Way to go! I've been out a couple of times for smallies but haven't done well. That would be a great evening! Not sure if alot of smallmouth could over populate a creek. I know it can be easy in ponds, but they have alot more room to move up and down a creek!

4. Tee

Tee Team OGF

Awesome job on the smallies! They are my favorite fish to catch! I need to tear into a few myself. I think it's time to park the boat and get out my waders..... :) ;)

Tee

5. smalliehunter

smalliehunter "The Mighty Wing Man"

Holy.......... are your arms sore.........? I mean thats a ton of smallies in a 1/4 strecth of river over a 3 hour time span and you say some were close to 4lbs???? :p Not to mention the ones that were just laying on the bottom not hitting............ sounds awesome man........

6. irishfisherman

irishfisherman Da' Irish Guy

Sounds one Hell of a Creek !!! I dont suppose you would enlighten me as to were it might be?

I'm from NW OH

7. Any pics of that 4.3LB creek smallie?

8. THarris

THarris CHASING THE BIG 'UNS

He ran out of film ... there were 57 of them! :D :D :D

9. I guess with action that fast (1 fish every 3 minutes), it would be more practical to just video tape the entire 3 hours!

10. THarris

THarris CHASING THE BIG 'UNS

Great idea! With a smallie coming every 3 minutes you don't have many other options. That much action would give Bill Dance enough footage for several seasons... :eek: :rolleyes:

11. flathunter

flathunter Mellons mentor

Wow, that must have been fun

12. did I see a Bill Dance comment thrown out there? Those sparks usually build into fires real quick!! :D

13. Pike

Pike

Sounds like you were in the right place at the right time. Way to go!