close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

smallie slammers 6/15/04

Discussion in 'Central Ohio Fishing Reports' started by winkstyle, Jun 15, 2004.

1. hit the darb this morning for some exsplosive smallie action.my brother and i had our hands full we landed 21 smallie mostly small ones . all fish where cought on buzz baits and minnows.here our some pics of the biggest of the bunch. :D [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

2. You need to read your other post, I told you to stop fishing and give the rest of us a chance! :p

Way to go on the smallies. Was the creek up and muddy? it looks pretty bad down my way.

3. NewbreedFishing

NewbreedFishing High Speed Angling

Either that fish has 3 identical twins or it's the same fish x4
    The markings are exactly the same. :confused:

4. 3pics are of the biggest one i cought on a buzz bait you can see the lure,the one with my brother was cought on minnow

5. What part of Darby were you fishing? I fish it all the time down by Circleville but have been wanting to try out some new areas.

6. the darb was flooded,but i have noticed that when it is the smallies move up into what is normally the shallows ,the hang up in the weeds,bushes,and log jams which are in less than 1 foot or less of water at a normal flow.last year i did really well catching big cats in the flooded darb.but not when it was at normal flow.

7. I have caught them before when its been flooded also, up in the trees. Never got any cats, I always get a few on crankbaits and twistertails while smallie fishing. I got a nice size cat last year on a rooster tail.

8. last year when the darb was up while smallie fishing with a crank bait i cought about a 5 pound channel.i went to a store bought some livers cought all kinds of cats till 5am went through 4 tubs of liver.3 of them where in the 10-15 pound range.went back the following weekend water was down cought 1 dink cat.high water patterns produce nice fish.

9. I have heard of good cat fishing during high water but have never tried it, dont really know where to start. May not have a choice but to fish high water this year if the weather keeps up.

10. acklac7

acklac7 S.S.

High water is prime time for flatheads as well as channel cats....fishing will be EXCELLENT within the next 2 weeks as the water levels begin to recede...find a spot directly shelterd from the main current and more often than not you will find fish...the only problem is the presentation. I have found that it is extremly difficult to work a lure in flood stage holes...the lure usually goes flying past the fish, and never gets a chance to reach the strike zone. Live bait is the way to go IMO...acklac