Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hit the darb this morning for some exsplosive smallie action.my brother and i had our hands full we landed 21 smallie mostly small ones . all fish where cought on buzz baits and minnows.here our some pics of the biggest of the bunch. :D

·
Registered
3,041 Posts
You need to read your other post, I told you to stop fishing and give the rest of us a chance! :p

Way to go on the smallies. Was the creek up and muddy? it looks pretty bad down my way.

·
Super Moderator
3,955 Posts
Either that fish has 3 identical twins or it's the same fish x4
The markings are exactly the same. :confused:

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
3pics are of the biggest one i cought on a buzz bait you can see the lure,the one with my brother was cought on minnow

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
the darb was flooded,but i have noticed that when it is the smallies move up into what is normally the shallows ,the hang up in the weeds,bushes,and log jams which are in less than 1 foot or less of water at a normal flow.last year i did really well catching big cats in the flooded darb.but not when it was at normal flow.

·
Registered
3,041 Posts
I have caught them before when its been flooded also, up in the trees. Never got any cats, I always get a few on crankbaits and twistertails while smallie fishing. I got a nice size cat last year on a rooster tail.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
last year when the darb was up while smallie fishing with a crank bait i cought about a 5 pound channel.i went to a store bought some livers cought all kinds of cats till 5am went through 4 tubs of liver.3 of them where in the 10-15 pound range.went back the following weekend water was down cought 1 dink cat.high water patterns produce nice fish.

·
Registered
3,041 Posts
I have heard of good cat fishing during high water but have never tried it, dont really know where to start. May not have a choice but to fish high water this year if the weather keeps up.

·
Banned
4,478 Posts
High water is prime time for flatheads as well as channel cats....fishing will be EXCELLENT within the next 2 weeks as the water levels begin to recede...find a spot directly shelterd from the main current and more often than not you will find fish...the only problem is the presentation. I have found that it is extremly difficult to work a lure in flood stage holes...the lure usually goes flying past the fish, and never gets a chance to reach the strike zone. Live bait is the way to go IMO...acklac

1 - 11 of 11 Posts