close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

smallie fishing today

Discussion in 'Southwest Ohio Fishing Reports' started by flathunter, Aug 8, 2004.

1. flathunter

flathunter Mellons mentor

I waded a long secluded stretch of paint creek today in search of smallies..My catch was 0 fish..I never saw any kind of activity in the water from bait fish, nor did I see a fish jump...This hobby has become very boring and depressing :( I have limited time off work and I hate to keep wasting it..I am gonna hunt this fall, first time in several years, it has to be more fun than this.

2. Even the best will have no fish days. This is a great place to ask for help.

3. flathunter

flathunter Mellons mentor

I have had many more no fish days than fish days this year.

4. But when the bite is on and the action gets frenzy, can you think of a better high?

5. tcba1987

tcba1987 Tuscarawas River Angler

dont feel too bad, ive had many fishless days and 1 or 2 fish days this year. i think it has alot to do with this crazy weather this year, i hope tings pick up in the spring. try dragging a mustard colored strike king tube along bottom, texas rigged with a 1/8 ounce bullet weight. good luck and keep fishing , our day will come soon where we can brag alittle on here.