close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Smallie Buzz

Discussion in 'Central Ohio Fishing Reports' started by Mr. Basskisser, Sep 24, 2007.

1. Mr. Basskisser

Mr. Basskisser Hard Core Fishing Fool!

Been trying some new sections of a local flow the past couple of weeks. Hit a section I had been wanting to try one evening last week. It started out with a 15 incher hitting my buzzbait and taking me into a log and getting off. He came from a tiny hole where the stream was only 20 feet wide. I worked upstream catching a couple of small bass, LM and SM. On the way back the sun was setting and I got several nice swirls but no hookups. Got back to the bridge and it was getting dark fast. I cast a few times under the bridge thinking it was a lot shallower than I thought. I said to myself, one more cast. He hit it as soon as it hit the water tearing out drag. I thought this was the mother of all bass. Thought it was maybe a big LM, or that 20 inch smallie I have been looking for. It tore out more drag then came at me and jumped. I knew it wasn't the 20 incher but it sure was a nice one. A little over 18 inches! And very fat. I was shaking like a rookie bowhunter with buck fever!

[​IMG]

2. Nice smallie!!!!

I'm gonna have to start hitting some of these streams!

3. triton175

triton175 STX 206 Viper

Nice fish! I caught my first river smallies yesterday on the LMR. (nothing nearly as big as yours) I've been missing out on a great fishing method. What a blast!
    Brian

4. JamesT

JamesT Banned

I dont think you'll be able to launch your Ranger!:p

5. Great fish. Awesome pic, too.
    Buzzers at dusk, you gotta like that!!!

6. NewbreedFishing

NewbreedFishing High Speed Angling

way to go mr. basskisser!
    shake rattle and roll!

7. I wouldn't be able to launch my Legend!!!!

I hear the Scioto and o'Tangy are good for smallies but never have had time to wade them out.