close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

smallest fish youve ever caught.

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by midoh39, Jul 27, 2005.

1. midoh39

midoh39 member

Mine was a small shine on a 4" smithwick trying to catch saugeye.LOL :D

2. 2 1/2 inch bluegill on corn

J

3. Slikster

Slikster Shore Bound

3 inch largemouth with a waxworm on a #12 hook.

4. steelmagoo

steelmagoo Enjigneer

smelt, it was small.

5. I wouldnt say this is the smallest fish I have ever caught, but this is the only Musky I have ever caught and he sure was little... Caught him at Cowan Lake last spring...

Hope picture attaches

Attached Files:

6. NewbreedFishing

NewbreedFishing High Speed Angling

thats priceless cat -n- crappie

looks like he was a bit sore afterwords
    maybe ya'll can have a rematch someday soon!

7. I won the "smallest fish" award at the redear tournament last week. I got a trophy and a dollar.

The fish was 1 and 3/4 inches long and wouldn't register a weight on the scale.

BTW, this is the second "smallest fish" trophy I have won. ;)

A club I'm in is going to have a "smallest fish" ice fishing tournament this coming season. We'll measure the 5 smallest fish. Least length wins it. Our club events are for points only, and we have them to share the experience of fishing. All points go to an "angler of the year" award at the end of the year.

Competitive fishing for points and bragging rights can be fun too.

8. Smallest for me is a 2" Channel Catfish I found once when I was a kid wading in Big Walnut Creek. I was picking up shells and picked up a full clam shell and when I opened it, that cat was sitting there safe inside (the clam was dead of course).

9. mrfishohio

mrfishohio Recovering Fishaholic

This picture made it to the In-Fisherman website too :D I was fishing for white bass. 4-24-00

Attached Files:

10. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon Hangin' With My Gnomies

Rod&Reel, could that catfish have really been a MadTom?

My Smallest Fish is either a MadTom or a Goby from laker erie, just a couple weeks ago. The Goby was 21/2 inches. I'ce caught a Mad Tom about the same size in Salt Creek.

CatnCrappie, thats an awsome pic of that Muskie. I bet its harder to find a Muskie that size than it is a big one.

11. Here is a fish to rival the above Musky. It is a Pike I caught in NY.

[​IMG]

12. streamstalker

streamstalker deleted

I don't have a picture to compare to those musky, but I once caught a fingerling musky while fishing for bass. It was smaller than the lure I was using....I think it was a four-inch rapala. Those things are ferocious right out of the egg.

13. No and I can't even see how somebody could get the two confused.

14. While fishing Deer creek I caught a quarter sized sunfish on a 1/8 oz rooster tail, it was to small for catfish bait.

15. Whaler

Whaler Whaler

The smallest fish I ever caught on a lure was a Log Perch. It was about two inches long and I didn't know what it was actually called so I took a close up picture of it and sent it to the division of wildlife and they told me it was a Log Perch. I was jigging for Walleyes at West Branch about twenty years ago using a red and white Sonar when I caught it. It wasn't hooked in the mouth but under a gill cover. It's mouth was only about a quarter inch wide. They told me at the division that there are quite a few in the lakes around here but not many are caught because they are so small and most guys hooks are too big for them to get in their mouths. I let it go . Maybe I should have used it for bait?

16. Caught this bluefish on a three inche piece of mullet! :rolleyes: Actually foul hooked the blue while retrieving for another cast. :p Does he count as a catch? :confused: [​IMG]

17. dan8402 - I used to have a pike jsut like this in my fish tank (about 100 gallons). It was so much fun to watch it hunting for food!

18. fishon

fishon The Polish Bull

i caught a bass when i was 12, on a booger and hook. just to impress this girl..it was about 4 inch bass as well...

19. Green sunfish under 2''. When i was electroshocking with the USGS we got a channel cat less than an inch.